Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
Victoria Winter Mixer
Victoria's third annual winter tournament once again coincides with
the annual Recyclistas Birthday Bash.
The Winter Polo Mixer will be Victoria's first two-day tourney.
Saturday December 5th and Sunday December 6th, 10am-6pm each day.
*UPDATE* The location has been decided. The tournament will be held at the Bullen Park lacrosse box in Esquimalt. This setup is sweet. It's legitimate, which is a first, and it has a smooth and even surface lit by full floodlights until 10pm. Prepare to have your socks rocked.
This is a "mixer" tournament. You must play with a new team, i.e.
people you have never played with in any tournament before (yes, we
have the rosters for EVERY tournament ever organized). We encourage
you to form a team that mixes cities, skill levels,
ages, sexes, genders, hair colours, etc. Singles will be matched up with other singles
Please pre-register! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
yourself or your team, arrange billeting, or if you would like help
forming a mixed team.
$10/person entry fee. Players are also encouraged to bring a
non-perishable for the Food Bank. As always, we will have food
on-location, and players sporting themed-costumes will be rewarded.
Please bring your own containers for your beverages. Following the round robin on Saturday there there will be a birthday celebration for Recyclistas Bike Shop.
Hope to see you soon with Victoria's finest.
• 3 on 3
• $10 a head
• Games first to five or 15 minutes.
• Innocuous containers for your beverages
• Mallets, bikes, bodies; keep it in the family (no hand on body)
• No t-boning, including all lateral bike-on-bike force (ie skid checks)
• No throwing mallets
• Don’t be dick
• Shots with the end of the mallet
• No own goals
• You can’t score by passing through the goal to yourself, but you can pass through the goal to a teammate
• The goal is the height of the cones
• If the shot provides the force that puts the ball in, then it’s a goal
• If a goal is scored the team that scored returns to their side, and it's game on as soon as they cross center
• Pass after a ball joint before a goal
• Can’t score with a ball joint
• Don’t be a dick
• Hoping that they won't be necessary
• Referee calls timeouts, and double taps as penalties