Victoria Winter Mixer
Victoria's third annual winter tournament once again coincides with
the annual Recyclistas Birthday Bash.
The Winter Polo Mixer will be Victoria's first two-day tourney.
Saturday December 5th and Sunday December 6th, 10am-6pm each day.
*UPDATE* The location has been decided. The tournament will be held at the Bullen Park lacrosse box in Esquimalt. This setup is sweet. It's legitimate, which is a first, and it has a smooth and even surface lit by full floodlights until 10pm. Prepare to have your socks rocked.
This is a "mixer" tournament. You must play with a new team, i.e.
people you have never played with in any tournament before (yes, we
have the rosters for EVERY tournament ever organized). We encourage
you to form a team that mixes cities, skill levels,
ages, sexes, genders, hair colours, etc. Singles will be matched up with other singles
Please pre-register! Email email@example.com to register
yourself or your team, arrange billeting, or if you would like help
forming a mixed team.
$10/person entry fee. Players are also encouraged to bring a
non-perishable for the Food Bank. As always, we will have food
on-location, and players sporting themed-costumes will be rewarded.
Please bring your own containers for your beverages. Following the round robin on Saturday there there will be a birthday celebration for Recyclistas Bike Shop.
Hope to see you soon with Victoria's finest.
• 3 on 3
• $10 a head
• Games first to five or 15 minutes.
• Innocuous containers for your beverages
• Mallets, bikes, bodies; keep it in the family (no hand on body)
• No t-boning, including all lateral bike-on-bike force (ie skid checks)
• No throwing mallets
• Don’t be dick
• Shots with the end of the mallet
• No own goals
• You can’t score by passing through the goal to yourself, but you can pass through the goal to a teammate
• The goal is the height of the cones
• If the shot provides the force that puts the ball in, then it’s a goal
• If a goal is scored the team that scored returns to their side, and it's game on as soon as they cross center
• Pass after a ball joint before a goal
• Can’t score with a ball joint
• Don’t be a dick
• Hoping that they won't be necessary
• Referee calls timeouts, and double taps as penalties