Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
NAH 2011 elections
This election will ultimately replace our interim NAH board with a properly elected board. With the understanding that the 2011 is underway and set, the sole focus of the newly elected board will be to create a new NAH structure for 2012. This includes but is not limited to many of the great ideas that have been put forth recently, both within NAH and in the threads - establishing an improved decision-making structure, an improved qualifying system, a more balanced regional layout, a more regimented fundraising approach etc. That said, for the purpose of this election only we will be using the current regional structure.
Okay, here's the election schedule:
- March 28th - April 4th
- Clubs select reps - DEADLINE IS APRIL 4th AT 10:00 PM EDT - Clubs must enter the username of their elected club rep into the field found within each club's homepage by the above deadline. Any club that does not choose a rep and enter that person’s username into their club page will not be able to vote.
- People may announce their candidacy for regional rep - DEADLINE IS APRIL 4th AT 10:00 PM EDT - A thread has been created in each region page specifically for people to announce their candidacy. You can find (and JOIN) your region on the left hand sidebar of the NAH page.
- After the deadline listed above, these threads will be closed and no more candidate announcements will be accepted. You do not have to be a club rep in order to run for regional rep.
- April 5-7th: Club reps will select three regional reps out of the field of candidates. This will be a ranked poll in which each club rep will select three regional reps, ranking them 1 through 3 (1 being highest). Polls close April 7th at 10:00pm EDT.
- April 8th - 10th: Regional reps will select one of their number to be their region's representation to the board. Board members will be announced.
One final important note to aspiring board members: This must be a high priority for anyone hoping to serve. There will be monthly board meetings. Each board member will be expected to serve on at least one committee. Committees will also have monthly meetings but, depending on the project, may have to meet more frequently. There will be tasks to accomplish between meetings. There will be committee project deadlines. Anyone elected to the board who cannot be present for regular meetings, who cannot maintain regular communication with the rest of their region and board members, or otherwise keep up with the responsibilities that a board position entails may be subject to removal and replaced with another regional rep.
Please understand - the more NAH develops, the more responsibility we accept. We are acutely aware that we are being heavily scrutinized based not only on the plans that are created but how well these plans are implemented and executed. This is only fair. But as a result, we must ask that anyone who serves take this responsibility seriously.
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this.