Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

2011 South Eastern Regional Championships Thread #2

Southeast regional championship!!!!!

First thread with all the info about registration etc: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/southeast-2011

INFO ABOUT THIS WEEKEND *READ CAREFULLY*

-Groupings for Saturday are here http://tinyurl.com/southeast2011 in the second tab marked groupings for Saturday

-If you are in the morning group, be there before 10AM so you are ready at 10AM. Please be on time. If you are late enough that you miss the first round you will be given a loss. With 4 courts and 18 teams that should only be an hour at most. We'll have some Whynatte on hand for you morning bracket people.

-If you are in the afternoon group, be there before 2PM so you are ready at 2PM. Please be on time. If you are late enough that you miss the first round you will be given a loss. With 4 courts and 18 teams that should only be an hour at most.
-Your team needs to have matching color jerseys(preferably with numbers, but not required) and you also need a white shirt as an alternate in case your opponents have the same color.

-The Party Friday night will be at a bar called Hang fire. We'll be there by 10, and stay till later. Here's a map http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37+Whitaker+Street+Savannah,+GA+31401-3322+(912)+443-9956&aq=&sll=33.774357,-84.392302&sspn=0.017016,0.026157&ie=UTF8&hq=(912)+443-9956&hnear=37+Whitaker+St,+Savannah,+Georgia+31401&ll=32.084356,-81.088543&spn=0.01689,0.026157&z=16

-The island can be reached by car of Ferry. It's easier to drive since the ferry isn't as bike friendly as we'd like. If you're running late I'd recommend driving. When you get on the island from the bridge follow the road back to the front side of the island on Wayne shackleford rd. This will curve around the parking lot for the convention center. Take a left and cross the bridge on Grand prize of Americas BLVD. Take the first left after the tennis courts(this will also be grand prize of americas dr.), and then take the first right into the dirt lot and what looks like a maintenance yard. keep driving straight and eventually it will be paved. Once you get onto the paddock area we'll be at the far back. If you try to get in from the track you'll be dissapointed because all of the connections between the pit lane and the track are barricaded, easy for bikes to hop, not so much for cars.

-Bring Water!!!!!!!

-We will have 2-3 sets of goals for sale after the tournament for cheap. If your club is interested, email me. We'd rather have them go to other cities than the dump.

-If any of you or your team members are interested in reffing email me. Refs get special prizes.

-Helmets required. Bring them!

-The Courts are abrasive(60 grit sandpaper or lower) Bring an extra tire and tube, it might be necessary. Also if you love your mallet like a child, use the stepchild version.

-The Courts are on a island and there is no power or running water on the speedway. We will have portalets and some water (2 bottles per person per day) but you will need to get more water since it will be hot. Bring bottles and fill them up before getting to the island.

-Again it will be HOT! And not just hot but Humid which means you will roast like a turkey(or Tucky). Keep this in mind while packing.

-We will have sunscreen on hand, but if you're really pale like me, Take care of yourself. I had a guy at a tournament I threw get sunstroke once and it was not a pretty picture.

-The state of GA doesn't allow alcohol sales on Sundays. If you want to drink beer on Sunday You gotta buy it on Saturday or Friday.

-If you have a tent/chairs/coolers bring them, you'll thank yourself.

Pull yourself together man

SQUAD UP!

The registration has changed to next week, just like mike said. Mike is the NAH tournament coordinator, and NAH has decided to push the registration date back one week to test the system and work out the bugs. My understanding is that they are looking for a uniform registration system for all NAH qualifiers. This will eventually make registering for tournaments much easier for everyone and reduce or eliminate any confusion for future NAH registrations. Thank you all for your patience.

Thanks Tucker. As those who registered for the South Central qualifer know, it wasn't smooth. We've been working hard to fix that. Jake has been very helpful in improving the registration system.

Because each qualifier is a joint effort by NAH, the region, and a local club or two, things work different compared to a typical tournament. One difference is that the tournament organizer and NAH is working together to put on registration.

Kool , don't have to interupt my party tomorrow to hit enter 30 times ... SWEEEET

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

Registration in 72 Hours or so.

We play polo in the ATL

this thread is boring now......

x2

maybe we could...

Jared, fuck off!

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

Registration in about 36 hours at http://tinyurl.com/southeast2011

"at least two players on your team must live in the South Central, which is defined as FL, AL, GA, SC, TN"

since when is NC not considered southeast?

You are correct, NC is in the SE Region. Appears to be a typo in the first thread.

Fixed. the typo originated on the region's homepage. fixed there too.

that new format looks really good. good work guys. now for the pool... how long will it take for all out of region spots to be taken? 30 seconds? 15 seconds? 5??? all you have to do is press a button while your teammate watches the government clock.

what's the third suppose to be doing? hang loose and look buff? kaw!

• on the woad3 255.JPG

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

i thought this was a 2 on 3 deal

the royal turkey wrote:

all you have to do is press a button while your teammate watches the government clock.

clearly the league has nothing to do with the gub'mint, but NAH should come out with its own tourney registration timer, which can be implanted in your wrist, so no matter where you are, you know how long you have until the next registration opens.

looks like the plane tiks are just cheap enough to go to Savannah this week Who needs a third for Georgia. Machine is fit to beat the beast in the east Pick me up and throw me to the wolves . I'll tear em up.

23 hours and counting.

We play polo in the ATL

i want to come to this, but i don't want to register a team. if anyone needs a 3rd, keep me in mind. i've played in tournaments in atlanta, savannah, and pensacola, so there are several south eastern players that can vouch for me.

oh, did i mention i've been living/playing in seattle since the new year? i promise to be an asset to any team.

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

the last time he was in savannah he masterbated behind a dumpster dont play w this creepo

frazer wrote:

the last time he was in savannah he masterbated behind a dumpster dont play w this creepo

nothing compared to the last time the arab was in vegas

YIP!

zing! funny story that is....

carve. smash. eat shit.

Drizz ya just got signed to Machine plus 2

Drizz its you me and Joey California

yo machine, i appreciate the pickup, but daniel and jeff from new orleans recruited me before i saw your post. if they don't register it in time, i'd love to play with you guys if you get a spot. if not, i'm sure you guys will get a solid bro to complete you two bras. good luck at registration tonight.

carve. smash. eat shit.

Can't register ya then man coz if I do we may get Kicked out of tournie as doubles

duplicates aren't allowed, but you can put whomever as your 3rd and swap them out later, as long as the 2/3 in-region rule isn't violated, which in your case doesn't apply because you're doing the out-of-region option. so who you register as your 3rd now can be changed later since people might not be able to travel as the date approaches. hope to see you in savannah, but i'll definitely see you in little rock!

carve. smash. eat shit.

Well, now that you've made all this public...

are you insinuating there is something shady/immoral/illegal going on? i'm just talking about hypothetical situations. not trying to bend/break any rules. if i get on a team for this, awesome. if i don't, i'm not trying to get anyone's bike shorts in a bunch by weaseling my way in. just trying to play more polo and see some old friends. speaking of which, maybe it's time i pay east van another visit...

carve. smash. eat shit.

Ha! Naw...just shittin.

Come back up to Van! I'm gonna be in Seattle in about three weeks. I'll see you on the courts homey.

Hi tucker...I have another Oly visor for you, much cooler than the last one I gave you;) but if my team doesn't get in ...how will I ever get it to you?

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

I applaud the technique.

jonny wrote:

6. Portland United Eric Crandall Portland Jason Stevenson Portland Arlyn Bement Non-regional

my visor size is 7 5/8

woadie please tell me youre playing with lil' tom for this. tucker is this at the track or the lake, answer me first! i fathered the sport in that damn town. and kiss my u lock for me.

YIP!

It's at the track. The park didn't work out.

We play polo in the ATL

cris gt wrote:

...kiss my u lock for me.

Cunnilingus?

Tucky wrote:
cris gt wrote:

...kiss my u lock for me.

Cunnilingus?

Cunti-lock-us

@jake, bummer about lake mayer and it being at the track, oh well, more courts, more blood, more flats, more fun.

YIP!

i, unlike big daddy kane, sweat the technique. tucker is not above being bought. a six of non alcoholic and a pack a swedish fish would do it easy. say i'm lyin' tucky!

YIP!

yeah, that would probably do the trick

countdown is on

[in a deep scratchy voice muffled by a moustache] tucky, send me!

carve. smash. eat shit.

what happens in the case of registration ties?

on your mark, get ready, get set, let's go

Someone email the URL to the reg page. I want to see who got in!

wait, what just happened?

probably too seriously...

www.eighthinch.com

3 seconds

Happy I got in. Fuck new polo.

holy crap that's insane.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Autj3tqs5MHTdGJ6eXAtRElpWm1zbmQ...

please explain ties. do the first 9 just get in? 7 8 and 9 out of region teams are the same time stamp

"As soon as it's confirmed that you're in the first 27 regional teams or 9 non-regional teams"

in!

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

i'd say 7, 8 AND 9. which means one of the non-regional teams will only come away with a wild card slot.

the dark end (aka Bobb Todd, Marzipan, B.R. Fuck Face)

that assumes that all out of region teams finish 1 through 9

exactly

7 in region teams still available as of right now...

anyone need a 3rd?

carve. smash. eat shit.

I'm calling it. no regional teams will qualify out of Savannah

never mind. one or two undeserving southeastern teams will qualify just cause some out of region teams will eliminate other out of region teams

that's fucked up. but really funny.

carve. smash. eat shit.

i'll punch you in your canadian face.

we have feelings down here dude.

CommandoCompton wrote:

we have feelings down here dude.

and I'm aiming to hurt damn near every one of them

if cap hadn't signed my mallet i'd break your kneecaps.

call me the tonya harding of bike polo.

Damn, that was fast. See y'all at the dance.

the royal turkey wrote:

never mind. one or two undeserving southeastern teams will qualify just cause some out of region teams will eliminate other out of region teams

I thought the only reason you were coming down was to throw the swiss rounds and then eliminate out of region teams...you're saying you're not doing the southeast a favor??

i'm saying frig the southeast in their arses. blah blah blah stay out of the south. blah blah blah we can't hang with the big boys

your so cool man. wow. you and all your buddies are kings of NOTHING. Bike polo is for fun. Your bragging rights go to no one and you only look like a big cocky piece of shit to the people involved ( the polo community ). SOrry the south is not as great and all mighty as the rest... Guess we might as well just quit bike polo. Pussy ass bitch being 30 years old and can't grow facial hair talking shit about some made up sport nobody else in the world gives a shit about, where's your crown sir king of nothing.

Oops, DId i make the thread interesting again ?! You drama queen babies.

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

cocky? i must be taking lessons from you Mr. 74 mph. "Fastest recorded shot in history"

say what you want but you can check the records, i'm not out here talking about myself.

and it's you're, note the apostrophe. wrong word

ThePoloFuries wrote:

Oops, DId i make the thread interesting again ?!

it's always interesting watching someone who takes themselves too seriously making a fool of themselves

Ga-Goosh!

Do you know who you're taking to

bring our flag down texas. we go'wn need it for this one. south bout to rise up three fists deep.

SQUAD UP!

little Richmond be duh praise

SQUAD UP!

Confederate states of Bike Polo! Secede! Secede!

• polosecede.jpg

www.burrobags.com

yikes, jared. way to keep it classy.

carve. smash. eat shit.

bahahahahahahaha.

www.burrobags.com

Wait a second! You have to have a beard to go to this? What if you can only grow patchy facial hair?

I'm putting together a team of bald-faced 30-year-olds--who's in? Send me a picture of your non-existent facial hair and proof of age and I'll consider you.

I don't know if interesting is the word, Jared.

Bethink thee of the albatross, whence come those clouds of spiritual wonderment and pale DREAD, in which that white phantom sails in all imaginations... ~Herman MFing Melville

B.O.G.

1. Europe jonny hunter madison Matt Lane Chicago Brian Dillman Milwaukee Non-regional
2. King Boobs Evan George Seattle Martin Hauck East Van Eric Kremin Milwaukee Non-regional
3. Robot Butcher, Inc. Eric M. Ransom, Esq. Mike "Robocop" Schower DC Mike "The Butcher" Malyniwsky Nonregional
4. The la Guardians jason Rolfe Seattle Andre Ramseur Seattle mike mcguire Seattle Non-regional
5. shit chisel Hewitt Milwaukee JT RVA WERM RVA
6. Portland United Eric Crandall Portland Jason Stevenson Portland Arlyn Bement Non-regional
7. The Upset Gregory Valentine Chicago IL Bernadette Watts Milwaukee WI Joe Panizzo Chicago IL Non-regional
8. Bad Boy Things Rob Biddle Philadelphia Cris Trout Philadelphia Tommy Manson Philadelphia Non-regional
9. Silent Majority Chris Roberts Alexis Mills Ottawa Mark Capriotti Philadelphia Non-regional

these are the 9 teams to get in as non regional.

Aight...

Non-Regionals: Lets book the best hotel block we can find.

Regional folk: Suggestions for hotels close to the court? Looks like the courts are close to the airport. Anything good between the airport and the courts?

Non-Regionals: Give yea or nays to do this.

Regional: Could you inquire about a group deal?

Word.

yea

The cheapest hotels are generally going to be on the south side and by the airport. We are working on getting a group deal at one of the hotels by the airport. we will keep you posted on how thats going.

ats right. thanks bro! wait, are we allowed in the south? not only are we not from the south, we ain't even in country!

We'll have to smuggle you across the mason-dixon

I'm getting you a red hat and a Speedo.

You guys think you're all that cos you're from the "south". You aint even from the right hemisphere, dawg.

ur always trying to hard shutup and go away

All I'm hearing is "wwwaaaahhhhhhh idontknowwhatajokeis wwaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

just for the weekend, when Monday comes, we start lynch mobbin'

Red Army Falco wrote:

Aight...

Regional folk: Suggestions for hotels close to the court? Looks like the courts are close to the airport. Anything good between the airport and the courts?

Non-Regionals: Give yea or nays to do this.

Regional: Could you inquire about a group deal?

Word.

i know there's probably a joke in there about Jared's stand against the yankee invasion, but it's not clear enough for me to find it, so i'm going to respond as if you were being entirely serious:
all our hotel knowledge will come from the internet. a lot of in-region teams would want to be a part of a hotel block, too.
see you in a few months!

Fuck. Yes.

Bethink thee of the albatross, whence come those clouds of spiritual wonderment and pale DREAD, in which that white phantom sails in all imaginations... ~Herman MFing Melville

B.O.G.

Red Army Falco wrote:

Aight...

Word.

I'm a proud to be a non regional player on a regional team . I would like to officially request housing at the biggest polo party house in Georgia as close to a keg as possible. Thanx in advance.

sounds good to me

thanx eric... wow i had no idea what i was getting into hope we still get to have some fun!!!!

SlAuTerHouSePoLoDC

make no mistake. nothing about this weekend will be fun

i think you'll be surprised.
10 bucks says half the out of region players that come to this
will be in-region players by next year's regionals.

i hope not.

www.burrobags.com

3 spots left for in-region teams!

and the award for most players from one city goes to........WTF?... DC!....

What? How many? Seattle has four--you can't take that shit away from us!

B.O.G.

the butcher
Robocop
Eric dc rep
jason eagle.... founding father dc polo ..also CEO of DC WEST!
arlyn who still has dc license.. also a member of DC WEST!
=5........

ps
if you wanna get technical ....call my lawyer......but i see 5!

i turned in the piece o shit id months ago

sell out....

im countin 9 from mobile

whats with all these fools hatin on my region? why yall spending so much time and money to come down here then?

yall do realize alot of us here could give less a fuck about qualifying for whatever yur qualifying for (faggot bike golf world tour?), made up bird gangs and delusions of sporting grandeur (ps big boys play football n hockey, not faggot bike golf).

that said, come on down! itll definitely add some spice to the soup to go with those sasssy sandwiches.

frazer wrote:

sasssy sandwiches.

frazier, does that guy still need a third? this picture will either help him or hurt him.

frazer wrote:

why yall spending so much time and money to come down here then?

do you really have to ask that?

frazer wrote:

made up bird gangs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3sIAaNyvo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

can someone do that thing where this just shows up for viewing instead of the link. ty

frazer wrote:

yall do realize alot of us here could give less a fuck about qualifying for whatever yur qualifying for (faggot bike golf world tour?), made up bird gangs and delusions of sporting grandeur (ps big boys play football n hockey, not faggot bike golf).

Wish i said this the first time.

x666

www.burrobags.com

I really want to play. Strong defense. Super fun. Willing to travel. Holler!!

would someone picka me up so i can come on another polo vacation somewhere new 3,2,1

machine - i think you're on an in-region team with jake?

I cannae find the list captain. i think the engines are gonna blow i dinnae think she can handle the strain captain. My inter-twat was down until an hour ago so i is in the dark

Everyone here should try to be a little nicer.

Take a lesson from these guys:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

i'm the orangutan. jared's the dog

Thanx for pointin that out ddub > i was bummed thinkin i wasn't goin but I am comin to Georgia. Jake you are a spontaneous , organizational dream gettin me on an in region team when all spots were taken on the Non Region teams. You can organize my polo career anytime . Many snakebites coming your way dude.

man, i am finally getting caught up on all this internet talk. phew. there's a lot of it. i think all of this regional and NAH division and elitist talk is pretty corrosive and boring. i am definitely a person who loves good competition and i love watching great polo, but what i love[d] most about this sport was the community. the positive, welcoming, inclusive community of the polo people. i am no longer feeling that love. it's become some weird popularity club and those of us who live far away, are not A players, or have not been playing as long as the others are the losers or something. is everything always going to boil down to the politics and dynamics of high school drama?
fuck it. im going to hick stoner doom fest. and ladies army. and any and all fun tournaments that are in the works. i hope to see yall there. with genuine smiles on your faces.

Mo, stop being so reasonable!

...and come to Midwesterns in B'town.

thank you, mo. can't wait to see you again at a non-nah qualifier.

carve. smash. eat shit.

Well said mo. X2

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU
http://www.skidphoto.com

mo wrote:

...division and elitist talk is pretty corrosive and boring.

Exactly!!! I agree 1000%!!!
I hope that there aren't more than a few people buying into all this fake internet drama;

in real life, there's no reason to bring a bunch of negativity to savannah- they have a great polo community there and these courts are really awesome (unless you're a tire), and it's going to be great to have higher level teams and teams from the southeast playing together at a big tournament in the southeast for once.

Mo, I hope you get on a team for this!!

Mo - you mean the dick of the week award isn't welcoming? You forgot to mention slayerfest! Milwaukee welcomes any and all, even if you have been awarded the DOW.

I actually decided not to try to get into this tourney after reading the threads. I'm going to spend my money going to Bench Minor for pick up and parties. More fun, less Southern. (My dad's family lives down there so I can say that)

Yeah Mo! Im already obsessing on the next LR tournament which is gonna be nuthin but fun!!
As a "non A player" (due mostly to my jacked up work schedule that prohibits me from traveling) I hope it doesn't go that way...Polo time is priceless -like unicorn blood.

mo wrote:

man, i am finally getting caught up on all this internet talk. phew. there's a lot of it. i think all of this regional and NAH division and elitist talk is pretty corrosive and boring. i am definitely a person who loves good competition and i love watching great polo, but what i love[d] most about this sport was the community. the positive, welcoming, inclusive community of the polo people. i am no longer feeling that love. it's become some weird popularity club and those of us who live far away, are not A players, or have not been playing as long as the others are the losers or something. is everything always going to boil down to the politics and dynamics of high school drama?
fuck it. im going to hick stoner doom fest. and ladies army. and any and all fun tournaments that are in the works. i hope to see yall there. with genuine smiles on your faces.

And you see, this is where the REAL south comes in! Hospitality and kindness. Fuck all the bullshit talk because it means nothing! We should be trying to encourage other people to play and make this sport bigger than what it is. For the sake of us and for this sport that we love. I love playing bike polo and going to different tourneys and playing better people than myself. It helps me learn and is fun in the process. I don't know if any of you saw our guy Cyrus pick up a mallet of an opposite player and hand him his mallet off the ground. He team was mad, but that's just how nice we are. Our club is only about 3 years old, but we rep it to the fullest and I'm proud of all of our Austin players and newbies who are trying to get better. I think all of this qualifying talk is nonsence. Seriously, what are we quaifying for? Lets all play some good polo and have fun and make new friends from around the world. If there was not such sport, would we still know all of eachother, probably not. I know some of you are just gonna look past this and that's ok. I just wanted to say what I had to say. Anyone that knows our club, knows that we are nce and will host any and everyone for anything. That being said............BRING YOUR PUNK PUSSY ASSES TO AUSTIN IN MAY AND WHATEVER OTHER TOURNEY WE THROW--

Fuck off

Midwest is best!!

Well said, Miguel!! I <3 ATXBPSC!!! See you all in May!

Midwest is best!!

Red Army Falco wrote:

Aight...

Word.

I'm a proud to be a non regional player on a regional team . I would like to officially request housing at the biggest polo party house in Georgia as close to a keg as possible. Thanx in advance.

Hey Mo don't be bummed about this polo frenzy that is going on . I am a geniune full floating apparition of a Hardcore-T polo playa with no dellussions of grandeur, just a luv of our chosen sport and all the partying and shit talkin that goes with it. I have never met my team mates for this tournie i just put it out there that i would like to play with anyone at all as long as i'm playing polo and Jake and Benjamin were polo enuff to pick me up as a polo playa not as an World class playa . Now go get a tissue , polo the fuck up and don't not feel the luv , coz that's what will tear us all apart .

Machine wrote:

just a luv of our chosen sport... and shit talkin that goes with it.

holy christ man you figured it out!!!

hahaha that's adorable

Was there a double negative AND a joy division quote in there?!

www.burrobags.com

ThePoloFuries wrote:

Was there... a joy division quote in there?!

jared for president 2012

machine for president - 2012

x2 if you agree

pop a rubber band on it

quote=The Baker]and the award for most players from one city goes to........WTF?... DC!....[/quote]

Oh i thought you said the most player.....coz that would be SF weighing inat 230lbs

Now for some serious pre and post polo shenanigans in Savannah. I' m contemplating arriving the wednesday b4 the tournnie and leavin the wednesday after the tournie . Can someone give me some advice as to whether flying into at Atlanta and driving down would be a better southern experience or is Savannah itself got enuff to keep me busy partying 2 days b4 and 2 days after a tournie. Lookin at bookin flights in the next 2 dayz

Josh bennet is in Atlanta if that means anything to ya.

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

savannah has the beach!

I've been swimming in the Gulf in the summer before and it wasn't very warm. What's that gonna be like May?

The Gulf?

Get off your computers and look at an Atlas.

/facepalm

Fuck. Its been at least 17 years since I've been to Savannah. Can't believe I said Gulf. What was I doing in the Gulf oh so many years ago?

ooh Josh Bennet of The Club de Serpent Bietez infamy . Where's he hangin these dayz or is the club still rockin?

Exhibit A

ThePoloFuries wrote:
In response to bullshit like this... I am recommending all southeastern players just boycott anyone from playing with anyone outside our region.. Then the problem is solved and we'll be able to have our championship as a region only. Thanks mr. anderson for giving me that idea..

Exhibit B(click to for a readable version)

I know you said you were bipoloar and all but you couldn't even find an all in region team to play with? Weak. I thought the all Florida tourney had 27 teams?

dude. Jason JUST moved out of Florida. He is now a part of the Austin, Texas club but started off playing with us. don't hate.

I'm not hating on Jason for moving to Austin in February. I'm not hating anything, just pointing out a thing that PoloFuries said and a thing that PoloFuries did.

But I guess if you believe "hating on someone" is the same as "criticizing someone" then I guess I'm hating.

Sveden wrote:

But I guess if you believe "hating on someone" is the same as "criticizing someone" then I guess I'm hating.

people here often confuse the two. At least we're not reading some stupid photoshopped banner made by a 12yrold kid.

Well, ACTUALLY, Since you are trying oh so very very very hard to embarrass me publicly and call me a hipocrit, which is very sweet of you and i totally appreciate you taking your precious time out from staring at your computer screen all day at your weak pathetic excuse for a job. Jason is and has been my team mate for a long time and i Had planned on playing with him BEFORE this whole "north american tour schedule" was ever established... So what am i to do? Sell out my friend because of your BULLSHIT rules?!?!! ALSO, the "board" or "committee" Of north American bike polo association is now trying to PROHIBIT me and jason and a lawrence kansas player from playing the South central Tourney because they Still Consider Jason a sotuheastern Team. Since I know that you are on that Board... How about you make your fucking bitch ass mind up and stop bending the god damn rule so that they fit YOUR AGENDA along with all your stupid little friends in your little GLORIFIED "COMMITEE". I just love how you guys make rules that only apply to everyone else but seem to only work in YOUR FAVOR. I'm over it. I"ll play what tourneys i can and Honestly, i don't give one fuck about what i Qualify into or play, because your system sucks and is totally built for the minority of players to get what they want and everyone else just gets the scraps.

www.burrobags.com

Not trying to get in the middle of this, but regarding your quote: "your system sucks and is totally built for the minority of players to get what they want and everyone else just gets the scraps."

Isn't that kinda the point because a minority of players are very competitive/good at the game? It's not that you don't want other people to play polo, in fact, you can encourage it. But you don't like when your team (that has practiced hard and put in lots of time to getting better at polo) 5-0s the first 3 teams you play. I don't think games like that are terribly fun for either side but I could be wrong, just how I felt/feel. So the only thing that you can do is hold 2 different kinds of tournaments, one for the people who have qualified, and one for anyone who wants to come. The second kind of tournament isn't going to die because of the rise of the first one. They'll probably just both grow together as more people get better at the game. The two tournaments I went to into Lexington were some of my favorite bike polo related events of all time, definitely top 5. And those were definitely the second kind of tournament.

It's not a "them vs. us" kind thing here. It's just us. Just sayin'.

pete for president 2012!!!

NOpe, you're wrong. Elitest attitude bullshit.

www.burrobags.com

You may feel that way about it, but I doubt elitism is the intention of many of the people organizing/supporting this system. It's certainly not my intention.

DOUBT IT!

www.burrobags.com

God damnnit Jared. Think about what you are talking about before you post.

Are you trying to say that Ben Schicago is elitist and doesn't have the interest of all polo peoples at heart? Dude works harder than your ass I'm sure. Many a time has Ben been there for me to talk polo logistics and other shit. Our rep in Vancouver, Lisa, tells me about all of the conference call meetings she is part of as a rep. These people lose sleep thinking about a way to balance the needs of rational, irrational (ahem), serious, non-serious, etc. players alike. You wanna do something for polo instead of criticizing those people that are doing the best with what we now have? Run for rep. Change things. But don't you dare go criticizing people who spend their lives trying to make all of ours easier.

Thank you so much to all of our reps who have done a remarkable job in the interest of this sport and those who play it. That job is complicated by egos of players who rest on their laurels, spout garbage and don't understand you. You people are the proactive few who serve so the rest of us can play. Thank you.

^voice of reason.

Damn, I'm sorry, I take it all back. I was un-aware bike polo and tournement's ever existed without a so well thought out governing body. It's such a shame no one ever had fun before our committee was put together to make sure everything is so fair and balanced! I can't believe i ever thought that i used to have fun at bike polo and in tourneys in the past years i played. Now that the committee makes all these decisions for me, I can have fun now. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved committee.

www.burrobags.com

You know, maybe you weren’t there, but as early as 2008 or even earlier it was obvious to a lot of players that there were going to be 2 or 3 times the number of teams interested in playing big tournaments as any city could possibly accommodate. So polo DID need a system to more fairly apportion tournament spots than who signed up fastest, and that system has developed in fits and starts over the last three seasons.

I can’t believe you’re complaining about 9 spots at the southeast being allowed to go to non-regional teams. Last year at ESPI5 there were 28 non-regional teams to 20 regional teams and we didn’t complain. We all went up there and had a good time together and played some polo. From the minute this thread went live you have done nothing but bitch. Its 100% obvious that you’re the one who can’t just let a polo tournament be fun. Everyone else is only reacting to the terrible attitude you’ve laid down from the start.

If you want to have an excusive SE region tournament, go ahead, no one outside the SE is going to care. But recognize that this tournament exists because polo needed a way to apportion spots for the N. American Championship, and came up with a really good system of qualifier tournaments to try to be inclusive to all the regions. And in the end, its just more polo on the calendar, so how about you shut your mouth and pick up a mallet already?

you mad?!

www.burrobags.com

your argument is well put but im a little disappointed at your lack of caps lock and the words fuck and shit.

eric_dc wrote:

You know, maybe you weren’t there, but as early as 2008 or even earlier it was obvious to a lot of players that there were going to be 2 or 3 times the number of teams interested in playing big tournaments as any city could possibly accommodate. So polo DID need a system to more fairly apportion tournament spots than who signed up fastest, and that system has developed in fits and starts over the last three seasons.

This.

First off, thanks for txing me while I was at happy hour tonight. I had a good laugh. You and I txted back and forth and had a good chuckle about the situation(I think?). Glad to see you kept my cell phone # in your phone after crashing with me this past summer. You know very well that I know that you and Jason have been playing together for a long time. I was just busting your balls.

Second of all, any decisions relating to the SC tourney have been made by the Representatives of the SC region. I have not been involved in any such decisions.

You know i love you Sven. Come on now...

www.burrobags.com

Sveden wrote:

Exhibit A

ThePoloFuries wrote:

In response to bullshit like this... I am recommending all southeastern players just boycott anyone from playing with anyone outside our region.. Then the problem is solved and we'll be able to have our championship as a region only. Thanks mr. anderson for giving me that idea..

Exhibit B(click to for a readable version)I know you said you were bipoloar and all but you couldn't even find an all in region team to play with? Weak. I thought the all Florida tourney had 27 teams?

Austin texas will be taking over soon enough! hahaha

Fuck off

Cant wait to talk shit over a snakebite and a game of bikepolo with y'all instead of through this interweb thing See ya all on the real-side

IMPORTANT PAYMENT QUESTION

I was never prompted to pay after I registered!?!?... There is no address provided in either of these threads that indicates where/who to send payment to... Payment is due by Wednesday 8pm... HOW DO I PAY ORGANIZERS?

Thanks!

www.eighthinch.com

samesies.

-Brett

jake is handling the finances of this. i've emailed him, this'll get sorted out. i'm not sure where Wednesday 8pm was communicated, but the deadline for payment will be exteneded if necessary.

many thanks!

this wednesday is the allotted 5 days after reg. to pay entry fee... thanks for clarficication...

www.eighthinch.com

I emailed all team Captains this morning. And will again in a few min. If your team registered multiple times then I emailed one one your emails because We deleted dupes.

We play polo in the ATL

Portland United!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=-mPt3Zz_xLc

Yes people... only super crushing positivity

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

regardless of what has been said. im stoked for this. a whole dif caliber of play will be brought to the south east. cant wait to hang and bang with everyone that weekend.

I am definitely going to bring my own dif caliber of polo to the south east Tix are booked gonna be there from wednesday to wednesday YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHaaaaaaaaaaar

can we have some shit talk not related to out of region teams?

i'll start.

i look forward to woadie getting really wasted and elbowing a 12 year old in the face

is there no video of this? i was the one person there with my back to the play.

ramman's brother aka robocop aka officer murphy for comeback humor commenter 2012

you be killin' 'em

for the record he was not drunk and it was more like a head lock and a j is like 13 and 1/2 .....but yes i too would love some video ...other then the one i play over and over again in my head....

no, we should should probably just get back to shit talking the system or whatever. cue stupidity in 3...2..

DC SOUTH!

Red Army Falco .HOW DARE YOU categorize me as and i quote " a rational , irrational , serious , non-serious polo player" I resemble that remark

Why can't your DAB column be this smart bro?

Dunno i still haven't seen it . Had the threatening phonecalls with muffled voices on the other end but still haven't clapped eyes on wot all the fuss is about . one of the SF lads is gonna bring me a copy tommorrow so i shall critique my column for ya on friday, ho.

I'm excited! All these out of region teams coming down is just going to give me that drive to work hard and practice to get better so hopefully the South and Florida can surprise these old fogies from the rest of the continent!

see!??? that's what i'm talkin' about... JOEY MIDWEST FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Joey Midwest wrote:

old fogies

I dont actually play pick up , i only do tournies coz i get injured so many times coz i cant ride a bike ,so practice all ya like , You need to peak some time and i know it's not gonna be on the day of the tournie which makes that game mine. ;)

HOTEL INFO!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 motels, both located on i95 Exit 109/hwy 21 (1 exit north of Jimmy De Loach and 2 exits north of the sav airport) - Hwy 21 is the road that would take you to Rincon/Effingham co. if that makes sense.

www.savannahinngeorgia.com
www.innatmulberrygrove.com

The Inn at Mulberry Grove is the newer one of the 2, built in 2006. The rooms includes a full hot breakfast buffet each morning (the real deal ie eggs, sausage, waffles etc etc). The Savannah Inn is more of an economy motel (still nice, no frills). Both properties are non pet and non smoking but guests can step outside and smoke.

Savannah Inn rates - 1-2 guests $35 plus tax per night

Inn at Mulberry Grove 1-2 guests $45 plus tax per night

Each Additional guest add $10

If you are planning on staying here, just let them know that you are coming for the bike polo tournament and things should be straight.

good get Tucky

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

Thank Don

Tucky wrote:

Thank Don

thank you donald

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

Looks like roughly 12 miles to the courts, yes? Is there public transit?

Where does everyone want to stay?

where it is loudest and crowdest .

Yeah, all of the hotels near the courts are in the historic district so they are all fancy and expensive and shit. The public transit in savannah, is pretty poor. There will be in region teams that are staying at the hotels, so you can get rides with them and jake and I can haul bikes across the river in our trucks.

Do you still have my iron I let you borrow that one time?

jo nuff!

Nice. Thanks Tucker. Can't wait for this.

i'll be taking my normal room at the chateau de tucky. i want turndown service and my usual continental breakfast of a kroger italian hoagie soaked with balsamic vinegar.

YIP!

i've talked it over with the powers that be, and we decided that the garden shed would be a perfect fit for you. As for the continental breakfast, the shed is right next to the worm bin, so if you can get to the scraps before the hordes of hungry worms, they are yours to eat, free of charge.

Viva la casa de cris!

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

you can also eat the worms

• 0206_tremors1.jpg

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

Lets camp!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

I and I can see it from here

until next time, more time

In Tempe 7 of us rented a 6 seater toyota truck for 3 days but we did have 6 designated drunks

anybody heard back from Jake?

regarding?

I did, but I sent him an email asking if he got the payment and everything was a-ok.

I has your moniez! (hope that's enough)

We play polo in the ATL

google map please...i want to poach a good campsite...when you type in "savanah speedway" you get some stupid redneck gravel backroad...

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

sir woadie... wrote:

google map please...i want to poach a good campsite...when you type in "savanah speedway" you get some stupid redneck gravel backroad...

sounds about right.

You accidently found the camping area... Good job!

www.burrobags.com

grand prize of america drive

I think the address is on the first thread. I used Google maps and gave it a lat and long

We play polo in the ATL

MAP
http://maps.google.com/?q=grand+prize+of+america+ave%2C+savannah%2C+GA%2...

We play polo in the ATL

Are you allowed to bike over the route 17/404 bridge to the racetrack?

I hear the answer is no. We take the free ferry from river street normally.

We play polo in the ATL

Did not know about the free ferry.

Can't wait to ride Juliette for free!

Or maybe Susie

^he's being sarcastic in case that didn't shine through

tight we're playing grass! woadie whats up with this camping i just got a new sleeping pad i need to break in plus hotel is a little steep for my bank roll

140x65

ferry is limited to 5 bikes. i have access to a box truck that i can load everyone's bikes on and meet them at the ferry drop off to make it move faster and easier.

On the weekend of friendlies last year we got more then five on, I think it depends on the captain.

We play polo in the ATL

Gar , is he not Pirate friendly

it depends on the captain whether or not they'll let 5 or sometimes none on. the cooler, down with davey jones ones will max you out at whatever arbitrary number they feel will fill the ferry after the arbitrary number of prioritized tourists is established. they usually let the bikes board first and if there's no real amount of tourists in line then yeah it's usually around 5 or so they'll allow. i would recommend letting don help most of you guys out by taking your bikes over in the box truck and then posing as tourists and packing that fucker till the gunwales are sipping savannah river water.

YIP!

Photobucket

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

Sweet only 2 more tournaments til Savannah.

Sweet only 2 more tournaments til Savannah.

We just picked up PBR as a big sponsor. Everybody coming should be pleasantly surprised.

We play polo in the ATL

not everyone drinks pbr. get some root beer sponsors and make sober kids real happy!

They didn't give us any beer...just prizes and money and stuff :-( I'm working on a soda sponsorship as well, for all the sober and non sober kids alike.

We play polo in the ATL

A Root Beer sponsor would be killer. I'd even be happy with an ice cold water sponsor.

Fuck Yeah Jake , Nice to see so many companies are pirate friendly down your way

Ogad!
Got a taste for some polo and camping on slaycation recently.. mmmm.
On the water..

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

fuck PBR. XXX

www.burrobags.com

No one cares.

fuck XXX. PBR

see how silly that sounds?

you're right, that does sound silly. I like fuck PBR, XXX better.

www.burrobags.com

fuck bitches. get money.

carve. smash. eat shit.

drizz wrote:

fuck bitches. get money.

fucking bitches take money too :( haha

Fuck off

it never works like that

4 IN REGION spaces have just opened up. I have been waiting for the teams holding these spaces to pay. All have confirmed that they are not coming. If you know anyone IN REGION who still wants in All they have to do to confirm their space is register on the Google form and pay their $60 registration fee.

We play polo in the ATL

I believe at this point you are required to open those spots up world wide rather tan 'in region' boss.

AT THE END OF THIS TURNAMENT WILL BE A BLACK MKE BRUISER FOR SALE. MEDIUM. A LIL SCUFFED BUT STILL SOLID AS A ROCK, NO BENDS. INCLUDES 2 U BRAKES (1 BRAND NEW), BB, das it. ILL BE DOING AN AUCTION AFTER I GET PUT OUT sunday (prolly early afternoon). $$ and/or WEED only. It the max bid is to low u can all fuk off.

This bike it tight. Im sorry to see er go but I got my eye on somethin fresh.

pfft what ever frazzzzeeerrr i heard those bikes suck. what in the fuck is happening thursday?!?! nola, whoadie? where ya at?

140x65

got my tent and shit ready, got my smartfone on so i can find my campsite everynight...ready dawggy

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

nola aint comin, they retired
daniel got into an argument with himself on some thread somewhere and is stuck in a agro-loop
will is to busy getting groceries and going to bikram yoga
jeff is busy pursuing his rap career and taking pictures of fat titties
paul is to busy jacking off behind dumpsters in seattle

haha! is that an always sunny reference? they do have nice dumpsters here.

carve. smash. eat shit.

Amendment to prior post >>>>>>>>now only 4 tournaments til Savannah. One day in SF called "april 31st..........tbd"(we know 4/31/11 doesn"t exist) , Ladies Army , NM Friendlier , and The Portland (Cascadia Take Down) Qualifier . Should be able to stay on my bike for a couple of minutes at a time by the time I hit Georgia .............or not. Can't wait . Machine Sandwich for A Title (whatevva that may be)!

so me and 5 or 6 other fort myers people are looking for housing or even a yard to pitch a tent...

FMBP

you got room for one more going back to ft. myers?

can we camp at the race track?

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

sir woadie... wrote:

can we camp at the race track?

I would say no

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

any place to camp in the area?

http://local.yahoo.com/GA/Savannah/Recreation+Sporting+Goods/Camping/Cam...

In the south, "camping" is something you do in a giant RV with a toilet and running water. I believe it's called "roughing it."
we'll see what we can get y'all as far as back yards go.

Just started another thread about this but If you would like to volunteer to be a ref please email me. Refs get a special prize.

Also if your club has a set of nets they can bring email me as well.

We play polo in the ATL

You got a link for that there thread

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

No idea why this hasn't appeared on the forums. Maybe I don't know how to work the forums.

http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/tournaments/2011/05/05/south-east-regi...

We play polo in the ATL

T-SHIRT TIIIIIIIIIME!

• NE 10240AA00 [ART](1).jpg

Hey. Can I get an updated Google spreadsheet...tinyurl. and WHATNOT

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Spreadsheet for what?

We play polo in the ATL

housing sign up

Are you allowed to ref and heckle simultaneously? If so Count it

Almost forgot about this weeks rapture. Looks like it will be called off right JakeATL...... j/k?

Winston Salem NC Bike Polo

jakes good with the lord so he'll be there, maybe alone, but there

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

Does that mean I qualify for NA's as a singleton and have to find 2 more to be able to compete. I guess if I'm the only one left in the whole poloverse I automatically win NA's and worlds with only one team member.

We play polo in the ATL

delete

FMBP

sorry if this has already been discussed but as for mallets, i read that both ends have to be capped. is that how it's going to be for this tournament?

FMBP

Where did you read that? (please send me the link) Not true at all.

We play polo in the ATL

haha i just realised i probably shouldn't read rules while completely zooted with someone someone else in the same state. the mallet HANDLE must be plugged. we must of read mallet HEAD.

FMBP

...Damn hippies...
It's Stoner bashin' time!

Room in hotel availible... 4 miles from ferry.

Double bed, AC, color TV.

Need two people = $35/person for Fri-Mon, or 3 or more for less $$.

email me!

i didnt wanna come cus my CHEATING EX GF LIZ IS THERE WITH HER FUCK SHADY BOO TODD
but im comin cus i love suthern polo and im gonna step to a mother fucker
if i fight in pickup can i still play in turney!!!!!!>>>>????

tuckie find me housing not near HUSSY CENTRAL

Tucky told me Fighting was ok.. He just told me that it needed to be bareknuckle, fought to submission, and the opponent must preferably be from out of region unless good reason applied.

www.burrobags.com

What's the deal with pick up Friday. We will be down pretty early. Gimme a location suckerrrrrrrs!

SQUAD UP!

X2...pickup friday!

courts will be built before friday afternoon, right? lights until when?

pick up is no longer allowed at the race track (tourney location) but pick up games can happen (not saying anyone will be there) at the old sears building parking lot on henry st. between Bull and Drayton. Its lit but not very well and there is a bar around the corner on Bull in the legion hall.

View Larger Map

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

REGATTA666 wrote:

pick up is no longer allowed at the race track (tourney location) but pick up games can happen (not saying anyone will be there) at the old sears building parking lot on henry st. between Bull and Drayton. Its lit but not very well and there is a bar around the corner on Bull in the legion hall.

View Larger Map

true sean, forgot about the sears parking lot...i wonder why.

YIP!

there are no lights at this tournament location. the court sidewalls are pre-existing rough concrete curbs about 24 inches tall, i can only guess that end boards will be fabricated from plywood but in the past they were slapdash piles of go cart tires. who is TODD!?

YIP!

apparently the tires are pretty much gone

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

he'll be the guy im monkey stomping into said 24" sidewalls

boom

• donkey kong.jpg

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

This weekend rules. I'm gonna monkey edge stomp motherfuckers!

www.burrobags.com

jus say'n

• InternetToughGuy.jpg

SKID ROW // ACT LIKE YOU

So who's down for some pickup friday at some undetermined location?

pickup anywhere but the courts during the day friday will be tough, playing anywhere lit up within city limits the cops are gonna be on you like hobos on a ham sandwich. someone from there will back this up. theyve had every decent spot they could find taken away from them including where the tourney is held. thankfully jake pulled through and got that secured which was a mini miracle. it was visible living there that this town wants nothing to do with anything that isnt gonna rake in tourists or students dollars. also any kinda light on your bike at nite is advised or the gestapo-esque savannah PD will be pulling you to the side. GO TAFT ROCKETS!!

YIP!

Check the info added at the top of the page. Read carefully and then commence with standard mocking and berating.

For Friday pickup the Sear parking lot is probably best, it's not the best, but nobody should bother you there.

Pickup will happen all day Sat and Sun on courts with tires as back walls and cones. We have just enough tires to make 2 pickup courts. so that should be sweet.

Bike Lights are recommended. The popo don't mess around with bikes in SAV.

We play polo in the ATL

will the actual tourney court be back by tires like the past tourney or will there be boards up and tires for pick upp???

“I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?”

Thread #3: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/tournaments/2011/05/24/clone-of-2011-s...