Bench Minor II, CHICAGO JUNE 25-26th 2011
6 teams of 9.
GMs for Bench Minor 2:
Chris Simpson, Lexington KY
Joker, Los Angeles, CA
Birdie, Milwaukee, WI
Maija, Toronto, ON
Chris W, CO,MO (and recently CHI)
Julian, Seattle, WA
Draft Card and the Confirmed
UPDATED EVENT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 pm - Pick up at Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- 8pm - Registration at Reggie's Rock Club. Show up at least to collect your registration info and sign the event waiver. If you don't sign, you don't play.
- 9:00 am – Breakfast / Team check-in at Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- 10:00 am to 8:00 pm – round-robin matches
- 9:00 am – Teams meet at Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – finish remaining round-robin matches
- 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm – single elimination brackets
- 6:00 pm – Final Match
- 8:00 pm – Closing Party at Cobra Lounge (235 N. Ashland Ave)
- Each team will have a one-minute timeout available to them for each match.
- Time will stop after a goal is scored. If a team is taking too long to, A) return to their side after scoring or, B) make a line change, at the referee's discretion the clock will resume and the match will be on.
Schedule of matches
10:00:00 Simpson Joker
11:00:00 Birdie Julian
12:00:00 Williams Maija
13:00:00 Joker Birdie
14:00:00 Julian Maija
15:00:00 Simpson Williams
16:00:00 Birdie Maija
17:00:00 Julian Simpson
18:00:00 Joker Williams
10:00:00 Maija Simpson
11:00:00 Williams Birdie
12:00:00 Joker Julian
13:00:00 Birdie Simpson
14:00:00 Maija Joker
15:00:00 Williams Julian
Single Elimination bracket
16:00:00 1st place 4th place
17:00:00 2nd place 3rd place
Each match will consist of two 25-minute halves and a five-minute halftime. There will be 5 minutes between each match. In addition, due to some of the additions noted below, we have accounted for this schedule to run a bit over.
The rules for Bench Minor II will follow the official NAH ruleset, with the following exceptions:
Also, a word on fighting......fighting will be allowed as long as the two people involved have both feet on the pedals of their bike and are NOT being supported by any other player or the boards. Fighting ends once one or both players have a foot off the pedals/on the ground. If two players engage in a fight of this kind, each will be given with a five-minute penalty. If one player initiates a fight and the target player does not retaliate, the five-minute penalty will be given to the player who initiated the fight.
Any player who continues to fight once either player has touched the ground will be ejected from the remainder of the match and not be allowed to play in the following match.
Any player who attempts to fight a referee will be removed from the tournament.
Any player who intentionally hits another player with a mallet will be removed from the tournament.
Questions? Call (NO TEXTS!!!!) the Bench Minor II hotline (a.k.a., Jerod's new burner) - 312.433.9121 This number will be active by Thursday evening.