Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

NAH Regional Rep elections: February 28-March 8

NAH election season is here.  

Starting next week, club reps in each of the 7 NAH regions will each be voting for three regional reps.

• February 27th at 5pm ET: Deadline to update club reps, and deadline to declare your candidacy as a regional rep (see below)
  • February 28th: Voting opens for regional reps.    Regional reps will be elected by club reps via a ranked ballot (each club rep will choose three candidates and rank them 1, 2, 3).
  • Friday March 8th 11:59pm ET: voting closes. Results will be available shortly after. 

About Regional Reps

NAH has always relied on diverse perspectives and volunteer participation from North American polo community. This involvement has helped shape NAH into a global model for organizing our burgeoning sport. This next election marks the beginning of yet another milestone in our development.

North American Hardcourt is holding elections for Regional Representatives in the coming weeks. Now is your opportunity to make a positive impact in how we plan, grow, and change. We need people with a critical - even dissatisfied - eye, but also those with a positive approach and who possess the skills and willingness to make improvements.

To that end, we have better defined our regional rep positions:

• Regional Representative, NAH board  - Oversee and manage their region and bring their region's work and ideas to the board. An ability to delegate, organize, and communicate respectfully and clearly is a must.
  • Regional Representative, Outreach - This is the Johnny Appleseed position. Assist new clubs in getting started, help build clubs with questions and building membership, finding sponsorship, and nurture inter-club relationships.
  • Regional Representative, Tournaments - Coordinate/schedule your region's qualifier, help develop non-NAH tourneys, oversee referee development in coordination with Ref Committee, and develop our NAH series schedule in concert with the Tournaments Committee.

This refinement is a leap forward which will help accomplish the new and exciting plans for 2013 and 2014. It's a great time to get involved. Your involvement could help decide the North American Championships location, assist with rules development, plan logistics for an NAH tour, make your region stronger, develop PR strategies, and so on.

The goal of NAH has always been to organize competition, foster world-class bike polo, nurture interest, and represent North America on the world stage.  We want you to continue and grow that tradition.

To declare your candidacy, visit the dedicated thread on each region's page on LOBP. [now closed]

Elections for regional reps are now open. 

Deadline to vote: Friday March 8th at 11:59pm ET

You must have declared your candidacy by 5pm on Feb 27 to appear on the ballot. You must be a club rep in the region, also as of 5pm on Feb 27, to be able to vote in your region.  Eligible voters are listed on each page above. 

Also, congrats are in order to the new regional reps for 2013/2014 in Eastside, Southcentral, and Southwest.  All through acclamation. 

Eastside

• Matt "Horse" Krofchek, Lancaster
  • Charles Sprinkle, RVA
  • Pierre Delamare, DC

Southcentral

• Malakai Edison, Lawrence Kansas 
  • Diego Ayala, Houston
  • Brandon Carter, Denver

Southwest

• Sarah Livingston, LA (aka danya)
  • Steven Wilson, SF (aka Machine)
  • Robin Cunningham, Albuquerque

Its been a fun several years as a Midwest Rep. Thanks for letting me sit at the table, Midwest. I know there will be a lot of good candidates from our region. Polo's got an exciting future.

Will each region have one of each rep? With a ranked ballot, could a region end up with 2 or more of the same type of rep? How much overlap or cross over will the roles have? For example, will an outreach rep be able to weigh in on tournament issues?

It would nice to have some clarification on this!!

Good questions, lad. Ideally each region would have one rep for each role but seeing as we are all in this together as much communication between our growing community as possible is encouraged.
So lets jump on this opportunity to strengthen the poloverse with some fresh meat to join the crusty old bastards that are doing this for the love of polo

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

I believe the bylaws state that each region will have three reps. I assume one rep will sit on each of these committees. However, that doesn't mean your participation is restricted to only providing input on that committee. That committee will be your primary responsibility is my understanding.

The candidates don't need to run for one of the specific positions.

Instead, all candidates in each region are running in a rank-order vote to determine who will be the three regional reps. The people who are selected in each region can determine among themselves which role each will fill, in accord with the rank-order results or another method they agree to.

The roles are also not exclusive, any NAH rep is free to weigh in and participate in any NAH matter, and serve on any committee (tournaments/rules/structure/sponsorship/etc.). However, only one rep in each region can serve on the NAH board and hold the region's vote on NAH decisions.

Each position is a regional representative. There are three roles that will be filled - Board rep, Tournaments rep, Outreach rep. Please read the content of the post if you're curious about the details of each role.

After the election there will be an orientation meeting with each region's reps, during which we will confirm the distribution of roles. Should two people be elected that indicated interest in - for example, Outreach - as a preference, we will discuss this at that time.

Once roles are distributed, that role will define that person's primary responsibility, though as Machine and Lisa have mentioned, this will not necessarily limit your involvement in other areas of NAH.

The nahardcourt.com site says that after declaring your candidacy you are supposed to email secretary@nahardcourt.com. These instructions are not on LOBP. I am going to do it anyways but others might not know.

Thanks. The process has been refined and will run through LoBP. I don't think we need emails to secretary@, but it won't hurt anything.

Well I did it anyways. I kind of figured this was the case.

Elections for regional reps are now open. 

Deadline to vote: Friday March 7th at 11:59pm ET

You must have declared your candidacy by 5pm on Feb 27 to appear on the ballot. You must be a club rep in the region, also as of 5pm on Feb 27, to be able to vote in your region.  Eligible voters are listed on each page above. 

Also, congrats are in order to the new regional reps for 2013/2014 in Eastside, Southcentral, and Southwest.  All through acclamation. 

Eastside

• Matt "Horse" Krofchek, Lancaster
  • Charles Sprinkle, RVA
  • Pierre Delamare, DC

Southcentral

• Malakai Edison, Lawrence Kansas 
  • Diego Ayala, Houston
  • Brandon Carter, Denver

Southwest

• Sarah Livingston, LA (aka danya)
  • Steven Wilson, SF (aka Machine)
  • Robin Cunningham, Albuquerque

Congrats and a big thank you to our new NAH reps!

Great line up for the first 3 regions thru ;) . If you check the candidates for the other 4 regions, the next 2 years are going to be a great step forward for the NAH with such a solid foundation from the previous NAH Board's. Well done peeps.

All you club reps out there.
Please make sure that you are all heavily involved in the decision making for your regions this year and the years to come.
Your regional Reps should be in touch with you regularly and you in touch with your club members so that bike polo goes in the direction that we as a community want it to go..............which is forward.
We are all in this together .............yeah even you St Louis.
WeR3

There was some confusion in the announcement above.... the deadline was listed as "Friday March 7th". Turns out Friday is the 8th... so the deadline to vote is now Friday, March 8th, 11:59pm.

NAH is very excited to announce an amazing set of regional reps to move North American polo forward in 2013 & 2014. Thanks to everyone who participated in this election, from the club level, club reps, and everyone who ran and put their ideas out there.

CASCADIA
Jeremy Whitbred, Seattle
Shannon Frey, East Van
Vince Foley, Portland

EASTSIDE
Matt Krofchek, Lancaster
Charles Sprinkle, RVA
Pierre Delamare, DC

MIDWEST
Eric Kremin, MKE
Jerod Walz, Chicago
Jimmy Flaherty, Louisville

NORTHSIDE
Luke Sheldrick, Ottawa
Jesse Bournes, Montreal
Nick Iwanyshyn, Toronto

SOUTHCENTRAL
Malakai Edison, Lawrence Kansas
Diego Ayala, Houston
Brandon Carter, Denver

SOUTHEAST
Adam Hite, Memphis
Ann Silver, Asheville
Danny Wood, Miami

SOUTHWEST
Sarah Livingston, LA
Steven "Machine" Wilson, SF
Robin Cunningham, ABQ

Full results are on the threads linked at the top of this thread.

Congratulations everybody! I am so excited for this opportunity to be involved with such a great group of people and help move bike polo forward. I hope to meet more of you this year, I will be traveling as much as possible in our big region and hopefully all over North America.

Congratulations everyone! I'm interested in seeing an announcement on which committees each representative will be working on once it gets sorted out.

Great line ups for all the regions.
The regional reps should play a game against each other every time they're all at a tournament this year.