Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
NAH Regional Rep elections: February 28-March 8
NAH election season is here.
Starting next week, club reps in each of the 7 NAH regions will each be voting for three regional reps.
- February 27th at 5pm ET: Deadline to update club reps, and deadline to declare your candidacy as a regional rep (see below)
- February 28th: Voting opens for regional reps. Regional reps will be elected by club reps via a ranked ballot (each club rep will choose three candidates and rank them 1, 2, 3).
- Friday March 8th 11:59pm ET: voting closes. Results will be available shortly after.
About Regional Reps
NAH has always relied on diverse perspectives and volunteer participation from North American polo community. This involvement has helped shape NAH into a global model for organizing our burgeoning sport. This next election marks the beginning of yet another milestone in our development.
North American Hardcourt is holding elections for Regional Representatives in the coming weeks. Now is your opportunity to make a positive impact in how we plan, grow, and change. We need people with a critical - even dissatisfied - eye, but also those with a positive approach and who possess the skills and willingness to make improvements.
To that end, we have better defined our regional rep positions:
- Regional Representative, NAH board - Oversee and manage their region and bring their region's work and ideas to the board. An ability to delegate, organize, and communicate respectfully and clearly is a must.
- Regional Representative, Outreach - This is the Johnny Appleseed position. Assist new clubs in getting started, help build clubs with questions and building membership, finding sponsorship, and nurture inter-club relationships.
- Regional Representative, Tournaments - Coordinate/schedule your region's qualifier, help develop non-NAH tourneys, oversee referee development in coordination with Ref Committee, and develop our NAH series schedule in concert with the Tournaments Committee.
This refinement is a leap forward which will help accomplish the new and exciting plans for 2013 and 2014. It's a great time to get involved. Your involvement could help decide the North American Championships location, assist with rules development, plan logistics for an NAH tour, make your region stronger, develop PR strategies, and so on.
The goal of NAH has always been to organize competition, foster world-class bike polo, nurture interest, and represent North America on the world stage. We want you to continue and grow that tradition.
To declare your candidacy, visit the dedicated thread on each region's page on LOBP. [now closed]
Elections for regional reps are now open.
Deadline to vote: Friday March 8th at 11:59pm ET
You must have declared your candidacy by 5pm on Feb 27 to appear on the ballot. You must be a club rep in the region, also as of 5pm on Feb 27, to be able to vote in your region. Eligible voters are listed on each page above.
Also, congrats are in order to the new regional reps for 2013/2014 in Eastside, Southcentral, and Southwest. All through acclamation.
- Matt "Horse" Krofchek, Lancaster
- Charles Sprinkle, RVA
- Pierre Delamare, DC
- Malakai Edison, Lawrence Kansas
- Diego Ayala, Houston
- Brandon Carter, Denver
- Sarah Livingston, LA (aka danya)
- Steven Wilson, SF (aka Machine)
- Robin Cunningham, Albuquerque