European Polo Association discussion, have your say...
The following has been sent to a figure head for all the European polo scenes I have found to date (90 cities in 20 countries). Please join the discussion below and have your say regarding the formation of a European polo body.
You're receiving this email as I have you down as the figure head for your particular polo scene/city. Please let me know if you'd rather it was sent to someone else, or if you'd rather I didn't email you in the future.
Recently the Americans/Canadians formed a governing body for NA Hardcourt polo and it got some people talking about a European equivalent. Here are the main reasons for why this could be a good idea:
- One set of sanctioned rules for all of Europe to use
- Management of the EHBPC country selection process
- Support/advice and (possibly) monetary support for the EHBPC hosts
- Management of the qualification process (and allocation of number of country/city spots) for the EHBPCs
- Creation of further European polo events (including the possibility of regional qualifications for the EHBPCs)
- Creation of a platform for polo players to share ideas/experience and a central resource for polo in Europe
- Further support and promotion of polo across Europe
- A united voice for European polo (currently the NA association swamps any kind of formal setup we have in Europe)
The negatives would possibly be:
- Lots of work for those put in charge
- More bureaucracy within European polo
- The potential for less transparency if things weren't handled openly/carefully
- No support/voice for "undergound" polo, or for smaller cities/countries
This is just the starting point and it's likely that you have your own unique views and thoughts about what's best for European polo, so I'd encourage you to head over to the thread on LOBP and have your say: [link to this thread]
If you'd be so kind as to share this news/starting point with others in your scene/city then we'd be able to ensure that everyone has been considered.
Thanks for your time and hopefully see you on court soon.