Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

GOALHOLE Polo Dictionary

GOALHOLE

GOALHOLE have recently put up version one of the Polo Dictionary
http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/

At the moment, it is very Australasian and we are looking for suggestions from around the world of other definitions that need to be added.

If you have any ideas, please post them here. Can you also include the region/city that the word/phrase comes from.

**VERSION 2 IS NOW UP!! check it out http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/
All the new entries are in italics

Thanks!

How do you know about dog soccer but not cat basketball... psh

Jouche wrote:

How do you know about dog soccer but not cat basketball... psh

Dog Soccer we know from Morgan. Cat basketball sounds intriguing. Google searches reveal nothing. What is it?

Shortly after dog soccer was created. The Great Old Cats (Ceiling Cat, Long Cat, Basement Cat, and Tacgnol) vying for control of the Earth and all it's meme's created the sport and it was observed by mortal cats and was played for thousands of years until the uprising of the humans and it was almost forgotten if it were not for the cat whisperers of the Andes discovering the Great Old Cat sport and dumbing it down to a more humanistic form and thus bike polo was born. But thats just what I have heard!

Well that's definitely in

• d61cb807-f7e6-43c4-8054-a2483943f7ec.jpeg

From the land of Dog Soccer, we now have Cat Herding. The origins are pretty similar. "Why would you ever want to hurt cats?"

shotgun your bike!

Blind Watson
The attempt to strike the ball while riding away from net.
Philly

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Chicken Wing
Throwing of the elbow on opponents drive hand/hooking the same side and catching a ride.
Richamond

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Oh yeah, we'll totally hang out outside of polo..
Behind a big grin while grimacing on the inside and shuddering at the thought.
Seattle

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

sir woadie... wrote:

Oh yeah, we'll totally hang out outside of polo..
Behind a big grin while grimacing on the inside and shuddering at the thought.
Seattle

Lawl!

I totally forgot about Chicken-winging too!!

Thanks for all those extras.

The Seattle freeze!!

Midwest is best!!

I'll show you a Seattle freeze Mazzei.

Tulsa Turnaround
The attempt to shoot on goal while riding away from net on the front side. (much like the "blind watson" only on the front of body). Wait I could be wrong on this one, help me out Eric!
PORTLAND!!!
p.s. there is a country song that goes with this one

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

If a man's gonna eat fried chicken, his hands gonna get greasy...

Tulsa Turnaround is similar to the Blind Watson in that both shoot the ball behind you while riding away from the goal. The difference is that the Tulsa Turnaround is steering side shot that requires you to reach across and over your bars to shoot the ball behind you.

For regional reference - see video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pGcBDitXc

probably too seriously...

www.eighthinch.com

re:the song

Those damn shore kids stole the Tulsa Turnaround and re-named it the Jersey Turnpike!

"It's Beagle Time..."
Shit just got serious, I am going to polo you in the face...
#lpc #we<3beagle

Is "beer point" always the last point or is it the last point to win in a 4-4 tie match?

I'd add "front door" and "rear door" as specific goal holes. e.g. - Shouting at your goalie "Close your back door."

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

woah woah woah woah woah. beer point is only when its 4-4

We use Beer Point when the pickup game has been going on forever and we dont care who scores, just that the next score is the end of the game.

Get rad

I think that means that both teams reach consensus that the score is 4-4 #cuzfuckittootiredandotherpeoplewanttoplay.

It is settled. Beer Point is the final point on a 4-4 match.

We call that "next goal wins" (when the score isn't 4-4 but we want the game to end)

'Beer point' is 4-4.
'Boring point' is when the game has been going too long and no one gives a shit about the score and just wants the game to end. Same as 'next goal wins'.

Alternative names for Bike Polo should probably have its own appendix.

eg:
- Bike Polo
- Hardcourt
- Bike Hockey
- Faggot Bike Golf

Legalize Hand Throws - 2014

- Space hockey
- Extreme Urban Hammerball
- Honkey ball

Bicycle stick fighting

If none of this works out, I'm soooooooo starting Segway Lacrosse.

Vélo polo
Polo Vélo
Vélo polo sur surface dure

Street polo yo

Hipster Hockey

freedom block = http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/rules/2012/03/18/touching-ground-with-...

Corner Goal: a ball shot into the corner of the court. Usually a long windup followed by a laser shank to the corner pole of the court.

lefty magic or lefty bullshit = anything a lefty does in the sport.

brucecarverphoto.com

"Lefty bullshit" being a subset of the more general "Bullshit", which is anything anyone does in the sport.

big shot city
used when a game starts turning into a half court shootout with no success.

Mark Davis! The man, the legend, the mallet in your own front wheel.

pulling a "lewis"
drilling your own hand.
sorry bro, it had to be said

My name is already a verb. Dont be muddying the waters with no homonyms, bro.

relaxmax wrote:

pulling a "lewis"
drilling your own hand.
sorry bro, it had to be said

DID HE REALLY DRILL HIS OWN HAND HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

two asshole's don't make it right"
BUTT three asshole's make a good team"

Bob'ed It= no one in goal, clear shot, still miss the goal for no reason

Get rad

We call that Shank Town

We call it bike polo...

its a "Crandall" when you have an open net and wind up real big for a hard shot and shank it ot the side 3 feet fro the net. has been since 2007.

YES!!! there is no bad publicty....

probably too seriously...

www.eighthinch.com

the key to the definition is the wind up and hardness of the shot. its not missing a tapper, its an all-in balls deep swing.

Detroit Pass

A drop pass where the two team mates cross and the direction of play is switched. Similar to what the Wings used to do at the blue line usually to make space for a pass or shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsXbuHNKH4&feature=related

@0:55

I'm not sure who come up with this or where they were from but I've heard Madison use it in play just saying "Detroit". And I've heard other people refer to the Detroit pass. Too bad Detroit doesn't play otherwise the'd have their own pass.

Keep your standards low, and morale high.

Don Cherry gets credit for that, 2006 playoffs i think, and then it made the jump to polo.

Top Shelf

Scoring a goal above the defeneder's wheel, in the top corner of the net.

This one is a carry over from Ice Hockey.

to be pedantic - and when aren't i that? - top shelf is a synonym for roofing it, i.e. shooting the puck/ball directly onto the underside of the roof of the net. top corner is different, if it goes into the corner and doesn't bang the ceiling netting. some of our homebuilt polo nets don't even have top shelves.

"top shelf" is when you pull out a top notch bullshit move from you're arse. not to be confused with the more traditional "shelving"

Dolphin Slap

Taking your opponent's front wheel out or making contact with them with a whipping motion where your rear wheel is in the air.

Not sure where this came from. But i've heard it everywhere.

also not sure where this term originated but it has found its way into the rule set. it's a penalty.

unless you collide body-to-body after pulling this move. then it's an impressive bodycheck and totally legal (unless the guy doesn't have the ball).

Dolphin checks.

a.k.a., tail whip; a.k.a., whale tail.

I'd say attribute that last one to Philly.

As this was discussed in Lexington, it should really be called a shark slap or fish tail of some other reference to bony or cartilagous fish. Mammals tend to move their tails up and down while fish move them side to side. Just saying.

makes sense.

pass

We call that Dolphin Tail, at least around Geneva, Paris, Grenoble...

you make-a da pizza before you score-a da goal!

Put the sauce on before you put it in the oven

Cheating: Playing sober.

weed and booze = "performance enhancing drugs"

Four Loko= Polo Juice

Get rad

T-bone in a can!

the straight edge community takes offense to this.

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

There is little that doesn't offend the straight edge community. Their panties seem to be permanently in WAD MODE: ON

Sweeping generalization: 5 - Funny: 0.

buildingbridgesburning wrote:

Funny: 0.

Further proof that straight edgers have no sense of humor.

Or that everyone from the Bay Area is not funny.

You also assume that I am straight edge.

got enough tattoos and ear gauges are big enough to assume ;-p

I wanted to get my ears gauged but they said "sorry grampa, come back 20 years ago."

Assumed wrong. Try again.

hmm... ok. I'll try again.

Lessee, no sense of humor. check. But NOT a straight edger.

Well there's only one group I know of with even less sense of humor than straight edgers and they're militant lesbians.

Are you a militant lesbian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Amazingly, I have a neighbor down the street from me who happens to be a militant lesbian who looks EXACTLY like Kenny Rogers.

"No one gives a shit you got promoted at work" that was great

"...or your children don't have bruises."

..............and all your stories end "and then I got home". Fecking hilarious.

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

"the 5th corner"
you know, that certain person who when you pass them you know you're never getting the ball back..
east van

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

"front butt shot"
as in, not trying the backdoor first
pdx

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

"the sixth defender"
taking a hard shot that ends up in your own wheel cover
pdx

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

"blokkerd"
while shooting dice playing RVA 3's you roll sixes.
east van

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Whoa...in my head that's what happens to you when your team mate is doing something silly like carving an apple while 5 other players are on these court ready to play.

"shepherds hook"
referring to strange mallet heads made in a mold out of melted plastic bags
pdx/atx

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

"cross Crandall"
shooting on net over your steering arm
EBC/pdx

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Also, (and possibly eariler) known as the "Zach-hand," named after Zach Blackburn, NYC.

Term coined by......?

"Montana'd"

Hand over Tournement money and get a partialy burned hay bail in return.
Or to be unknowingly duped after it's too late.

Also part of the reason the N.A.H was formed, standards were needed/expected.

DICK and DICK MOVE
one who sneeks up behind goalie and whacks his mallet
one who show boats the ball all the time at pick up just to impress the ladys but cant even score

el diablo and what not wrote:

DICK and DICK MOVE
one who sneeks up behind goalie and whacks his mallet
one who show boats the ball all the time at pick up just to impress the ladys but cant even score

Yes! Glad it's not just a Sydney thing

count it - phrase to signify that a goal was scored

donkey punch - hitting the ball out of the air while holding the mallet near the head

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

Also, yelling "donkey, donkey, donkey" to Henry works to get this move off.

Also, the Auto-Donkey: scooping the ball up to yourself, little toss in the air, choke up on the mallet so that your hand is at the head, tap it in.

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

Is it called a 'Martin' when you do this to a newbie at their second ever game of pick-up?

taken down
taken advantage of all the time and NEVER PAYBACK
BACK POKE
stabbing a guy in the back to make himself look good but yet he already fuck himself bye putting one self in a corner

Fat Goals - important, lead/momentum changing goals

the rory
comeing up to the goalie with the ball fake the shot wack his mallet AND SCORE no wait the should be under
'' dick move""""

Call also:
the eagle
the seatlle

Over europe... don't know why. Paris find the "eagle" i think, probably to balance with a noble bird the dirty look of the move.

Version 2 is now up http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/

Keep those suggestions coming in!

good 'ol western grip style reach around:

-when a defending player reaches around the torso and bike of a player with possession of a ball to break a ball joint.

vegas

pass

I've always know this as the christian side hug.

we call that giving a "reach around"

Always and forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Oj0-splZw

Oakland!
Heckle.
Used when a player cant seem to keep the rubber side down

We are waiting on San Francisco to send us through a stack of definitions for their heckles. Oakland was on their list.

I can't keep up! Ask Shriver but don't trust him completely. He'll make up 20 new ones just because you asked.

The backhand over / across the bars we call the sashe. ("Sashay") When whiffed or blocked, the sash-nay or sashnot.

Dutch oven: shot into empty net.

Oakland is maybe fav heckle. Someone pulled a Perfect Oakland last night: attempting some silly trick move resulting in a pavement check.

I wanna go play now.

Pulling a Javi
Ability to sleep anywhere and through anything.
Love ya Flamingo

• 255606_208512885854217_100000865223073_527136_721608_n.jpeg

Half Kenichi

Full Kenichi

I Heard this a lot this last summer but never understand it... what does it means?

No one knows what it means . . . but it's hot. It gets the people going.

A half kenichi is stealing the ball from another player, generally very smoothly. A full kenichi is a steal from an opposing player and then generally a slap shot goal following it rather quickly. Originates from Kenichi in Portland.

Top Center: When annoying Australians are annoying. (Heckle, East Van)

GaGoosh wrote:

Top Center: When annoying Australians are annoying. (Heckle, East Van)

Ha!

"Sporting Equipment" or "Art Project"
-What traveling polo players tell the airline baggage counter attendants when asked about their large, heavy bag. I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

"Safety Meeting"
-The call to all "hippie lettuce"-smoking poloistas in a general group or vicinity to retreat to secluded area & partake.

"Working Vacation"
-Traveling to a rad city for a polo tournament, but not getting to see much of the city because you're playing polo/drinking/socializing. Often remedied by arriving in city 1-2 days before tourney, or staying 1-2 days afterward.

"Polo Pass"
-The opportunity to crash at another player's house in another city for a given amount of time, on the sole merit that you are a fellow bike polo player. The bike polo equivalent of Couchsurfing.org. Also applies to friending people on facebook just because their profile pic is of them playing bike polo.

"Get a room!!!" (heckle)
-When two players on opposing teams are tangled/snarled in a stalemate on their bikes on the court, like two lovers entwined.

"Why didn't you try to stop that?" (goalie heckle)
-Said to goalie after they let an opposing team's shot into the net.

[quote=Dus]"Sporting Equipment" or "Art Project"
-What traveling polo players tell the airline baggage counter attendants when asked about their large, heavy bag. I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

I say "The wife and kids" when asked by anyone on the way to the airport" some peeps say "kool"

french terms:
- "le eagle" or "le seattle": coming up to a static goalie, gently tapping the ball, then lifting/hacking the goalie's mallet to let the ball go through the BB

- la "clementine" / "cleminguette", or "fanfreluche": named after clement from Iron Ponies. Aslo know as the hulk smash

- "la hugoÏde": named after Hugo from DTGP - ball scoop pass around your front wheel

Yorgo

le car wrote:

french terms:
- "le eagle" or "le seattle": coming up to a static goalie, gently tapping the ball, then lifting/hacking the goalie's mallet to let the ball go through the BB

We just call this a "Rory." Or, dumb.

This definition is the best I ever heard and I have used it on many occassions . It lets you know wether the person that asked the question is listening when you answer them and makes me laff everytime I say it .
So here care of Justin (Dead Babies Bike Club , East Van Chapter) is the ultimate definition of Hard Court Bike Polo.
Innocent By Stander: "So what is Bike Polo"
Justin:"It's like water polo .......... but on bicycles)
Me:" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah"

Editors Note "There are no innocent bystanders in Bike Polo"

"Pulled a Jared"
or "Just got Jaredded". hopefully the first obsolete polo term ever .
To have just been spat on, head butted , sucker punched or otherwise assaulted by another polo player.

Let's bury this one EVERYONE>

The only offense I take to this is that I don't take cheap shots. I square up.

www.burrobags.com

Put this one in there to remind us all what we shouldn't be doing .
I met the other Jared last week in Lex and had a monumental time with him after his year out from polo.
WeR3

"Polo Juice" any liquid consumed by polo player . Especially to avoid "cheating" .See Cheater

"Sniper" . Any player with laser point accuracy able to put a ball in from almost any place on the court or through multiple bottom brackets.
Kim from San Francisco has the handle "Sniper"

We also call sniper when a shot or pass get's stuck under someone's wheel, causing them to foot down.

Strike hard. Strike first.

I know that as "Ninja Ball"

"Slayer" : player with mad polo skillz.(woadie please elaborate or correct me)
Uses "incoming Slayer" , Slay you later , Ya wanna Slay together ,

"Smang it": To both smash and bang the ball. Derived from the Turquoise Jeep Movement http://youtu.be/xt5ghXdq6Z0

Further, "Smang it!" can be used as spoken impetus to any action accomplished by said bashing/smashing.

Ex - If your teammate has drawn a double team in the defensive half, you may instruct him/her to "SMANG IT!" which would imply an aggressive clearing of the ball.

Likewise, a teammate who is struggling with the decision to attempt a long range slapshot against a vulnerable or out of position goalie may be encourage to "SMANG IT!" rather than trying to attempt further maneuvering.

Further more, "smang" is a verb to describe the ad hoc truing of a taco'd wheel, by repeatedly striking it against the ground.

First brought into existance from this great video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5ghXdq6Z0&feature=player_detailpage

yung humma is the david foster wallace of youtube rapping!

In appearance only. His wordplay is Micheal Crichton.

"The Joker"
Heard from Maxx
When a player leans on a wall or fence with thier foot, then push off back into the court used mostly in corners.

Yer going down..... friendly terminology aimed at anyone you may be jousting against in a tournament, for the purpose of letting them know that you know that they are good but this time they need to be better.

Next level shit............to be used when anything new and improved happens in bike polo. eg. referees on inline skates at Ladies Army IV. (Ben from Saint Louis and Adam from Ann Arbor)

The Angelo: a.k.a., ball-joint; a.k.a., B.J.; a.k.a., The Burge.

Rad ripz = when a player puts some stank on a strike !!!
Texas two piece = two goals back to back
Mucho take easy = getting too gnarly on the court

Houston hardcourt home of the bottomless nachos vato !

Peace.

Dial it = when a player gets set up to take shot
Dialed = when he makes it !

BPT. . . Bike Polo Time
When you tell everyone we're playing polo at 7:00 and the show up 8:30!

havin' polo babies....when two players crash and land in the missionary position. GET A ROOM!

Karlsruhe double stack:
one goalie and a second goalie just in front of the main goalie to block his 5-hole.

www.burrobags.com

Pop Tart - To end up with your front wheel in the goal. Usually the result of a defender sprinting down the court after a breakaway and losing control of their bike. Has the unintended benefit of placing the defender in the perfect position to remove the ball from the net after getting scored on.

Waffle - a goal that is a both a shuffle and shot or just unclear which one it is

Chess-game ; refers to a game where the moves are slow and nothing happens

Snikkel ; is another word for mallet (in Dutch it also means dick in some peticular slang)

The Polo Dictionary has been updated! This is version 3. Thanks so much to everyone for adding to it. Please keep your suggestions coming.

Any suggestions that were made after 2 May will be added to the next version.

Premature Congratulations............when a team is so elated about scoring a goal that they let their guards down for a second and immediately get scored on.

Machine wrote:

Premature Congratulations............when a team is so elated about scoring a goal that they let their guards down for a second and immediately get scored on.

I love it when that happens

Related:

Hot start - When a team that has just been scored on storms up the court before the opposing team has a chance to cross back into their half and set up a defense.

Machined- when Machine's team comes up against obviously superior opposition but prevails none-the-less.
uses . you just got , are gonna get ...Machined. First heard at pick up in SF , used in DPI 3 and 4, and most recently in Austin qualifier by a heckler when Dan's team was beaten by Starmaggedon much to his amazement.

Pulling a Forest- (nothing to do with triple Dutch rudders) When player believes the wreck they were just in had nothing to do with them so slings (helicopter bikes) the other players steel steed as far from the accident scene as possible.

Phoner Boner- when you ghost dial a polo buddy without realizing it whilst carrying your mobile device in your front pocket
Origin , Austin ,Texas , Machine to Coyo

Also, Evan to me. Are there ghosts in Texas?

Slow-lo: Slow rolling shot on an open goal that no one manages to reach and a goal is scored

Slow-cook: To play polo at a strategically slower pace. Could be relative to other team, or to one's typical speed.

WeR3 - used as a reference for any group(no matter how many) of polo players that come together to enhance the poloverse and our enjo yment of polo. Eg. The NAH, all the club reps in the world,each club individually , all the photographers , all the refs, all the livestreamers and video-ographers
.... and ultimately The Poloverse -WeR3 coz we are ALL in this together.

Polo Slut - anyone that will play on any team anywhere(tournaments) just for the sake of playing polo.

International Polo Whore - next level of the above, but on an international scale. i.e. Captain Morgan from SF

That snaggle tooth'd hooker stole my wristwatch!

3's - polo side game played with 5 di(ce) where the object is to try and roll zero (which is 5 threes)

I'm excellent at this game. I will win all your money in London.

NERG!

Machine wrote:

3's - polo side game played with 5 di(ce) where the object is to try and roll zero (which is 5 threes)

I believe this to be the unofficial sideline game of bike polo. I won a game of 3's in Albuquerque 2 years ago, to much cheering and amazement. I only won 3 dollars, but then Bob puked in Robin's carport 5 minutes later and the low-wage earnings were vindicated. Bob, I will never stop talking about your carport yak. Machine, I miss you.

Your welcome! Much better game than cee-lo
-RVA

Micro-management - to put many small touches on the ball in a close-quarters and slow-speed situation

Slam dunk. An enormous wind up and hopefully a very hard hit from about six inches away from the goal line. An empty net is required.

especially when your shaft hits the goal like when a player's hands touch the rim in basketball

Good dick- A post game congratulations after a winning game, particularly one where defensive prowess was displayed. Comes from an american football allusion to "good D" (a defensively battled game).
eg: "hey, great dick out there boys." "way to throw that good dick at em, looking good" "Good dick Werm, hard and fast."
Originating in richmond circa 2008(?) Has lost most all humor and is pretty much second nature to congratulate a friend with great dick after a well fought game. Can be used in conjunction with "tight butthole" (stolen from the American sitcom Workaholics, most of our jokes are stolen) when little to no goals were scored by the opposition and a very composed or tight game was played.

Airmail- The art of delivering a ball anywhere you want on the court using scoopage.

wheel fu: the art of manuevering your front wheel as a shield to defend the ball from other mallets. or skillful front wheel play in general.

Polo time- anytime from the stated time onwards. Usually 1/2 to 1 hour later than organized .

Organizing: talking to yourself in the presence of other polo players. Often wishful expressions that others will perform duties.

AH HA HA HAH HAH! That was great.

Moves:
*Raclette- in french when you intercept a pass by putting your whole mallet off the ground. most of the time that's the shaft who do the job. A raclette mean somethin' to scratch cheese from plate or ice from car windows.
*Arrêt Raclette- Same move, in nets as a goal keeper. (Raclette stop)

Pick ups words:
*Shuffle- (in Geneva and some other french talkers aera) mix all the mallet for pick up after a serie of same players games.
*Big shuffle- Same but with a lot of mallets
*Big choux-fleur- Same in Paris whem Greg van barben is around the court.
*Ultime Bafouille - or Ultime B - Same in Geneva when Quentin pony is around the court. (Kind of Quebcquois)

uolmo .Clement. wrote:

*Big choux-fleur- Same in Paris whem Greg van barben is around the court.

Bluntch- (this is by Guy from LA) first coined at Desert Polo Invite III. Initially it was a beer and a cig at mid-morning but developed into whatever you wanted , with whoever you wanted,whenever you wanted it. eg . my Bluntch is snakebites and a smoke , or champagne and a cigar, or a shot and a cigar morning noon or night.
If I ask Guy "Whats for Bluntch" it's his choice as to what we have.

goal troll? playing the whole game in or circling the goal. can be used for a offensive or defensive player.

"rubber side down boys"

"Doofer", when you try to shoot, miss the ball entirely, and foot yourself down by putting your mallet head under your front wheel.

damn it! i got MAD dooofin skills...

"rubber side down boys"

the eagle flies at midnight - an instruction from one Team Gravy Pants member to the other(or letting your team mate know you are about to) to smash the other teams goalies mallet as hard as possible, with the intention of breaking the mallet or (as also happened on occasion) hitting the mallet clean out of the court. This is now considered a dick move.

snow cone - carrying the ball on the end of the mallet with the ball sitting in the end of the pipe. (no longer allowed in tournament play)

More specifically, when a Gravy Pants player can maintain control of the ball for for a while, He/She yells 'Eagle Flies at Midnite' as instruction for Scizzorz to ASSASSINATE the other teams goalie. As soon as the goalie is off the ground/out of the way, a goal is scored. The best example was in Portland, May 2011. And proudly, Scizzy-poo had to get in the penalty box but somehow the goal still counted!

Lefty Bullshit!

The Heffily: When the ball is beside or behind the rear wheel on the non-drive side, blindly swinging mallet behind the back and knocking the ball forward to yourself or a teammate.

Just in time Machine & Kev.
Version 3 will be up on Wednesday.

bad crack habit- heckle for player who continually needs to pull their pants up.

Polo dictionary has been updated!

Any suggestions made after 10 June will be in the next edition.

Thanks for all your support.

nice.

ninja the ball . noun

Issimply a Ninja ball? no?

oui. i've known it to be just ninja ball.
ah, ninja balls.
possibly the worst things to ever come to be.

pass

Ninja ball definitely sounds better. I will change it.

I can't believe this one isn't here yet.
The ECM. European Cheater Mallet.
I don't even think I need to tell you what it is....

*Somebody please think of the children!!*

Mr Carrillo , well spotted . It' s like Columbus discovering America !

I have deliberately not referred to euro cheater mallets anywhere on goalhole as I find the term a bit offensive :) I have been calling them heads with cut-out sides which doesn't have the same ring to it. However, if a member of the euro cheater mullets wants euro cheater mallets in the dictionary, who am I to argue.

No different than offending lefties with "lefty bullshit"

This is unrelevant for sure!
You can't say you make a dictionnary and then censure some terms because you find them offensives. More than Half of terms we use all day long in polo are. Euro cheaters mallet even became a way to call this kind of mallet in europe instead of the initial Side cut. Just put both terms in you dictionnary.
You can add USA cheater mallet too, the one we use sometime to talk about white tube wide as shit who allow scooping for almost any noob.
As Australian often use weird mallets as hockey angled like, you can maybe call them Australian cheater mallet, but as they are awfull to play with, nobody really think they are cheat.

By the way, the work you put on this is awesome, i really like it, thanks again.

uolmo .Clement. wrote:

This is unrelevant for sure!
You can't say you make a dictionnary and then censure some terms because you find them offensives. More than Half of terms we use all day long in polo are. Euro cheaters mallet even became a way to call this kind of mallet in europe instead of the initial Side cut. Just put both terms in you dictionnary.
You can add USA cheater mallet too, the one we use sometime to talk about white tube wide as shit who allow scooping for almost any noob.
As Australian often use weird mallets as hockey angled like, you can maybe call them Australian cheater mallet, but as they are awfull to play with, nobody really think they are cheat.

By the way, the work you put on this is awesome, i really like it, thanks again.

I wasn't really serious about being offended :)

I was hoping to find a NA equivalent of a cheater mallet which you have just given me. Thanks!

Australian cheater mallet is definitely going in too but I think I might call it the Melbourne Cheater Mallet as they seem to be the only city playing with them (Hi Damon!). Actually, the first time I heard the cheater mallet expression was at our 2009 Nationals - it was Castlemaine Cheaters Mallet. The players from this town had side cut outs so big that the ball actually got stuck it in.

So a new definition for cheater mallets with regional variations will be going in - Euro, USA, Australian/Melbourne and Castlemaine. Any other cheater mallet types out there?

Also, don't forget the Australian Sweeper Mallets (mallets which are as wide as allowed)

I saw someone refer to ECMs as "mullets" in another thread. I lolled.

"Can opener" - When and offensive player puts their bike in a position such that a no defensive player can assume the goalie position. Thus opening a portion of goal that is not defendable.

also referred to as a "barn door"
as in, you can't miss the opening, it's a barn door!

I'm going to be updating the dictionary over the weekend so you have a few more days to get your entries in. If you are feeling a little shy, you can always email them to goalholepolo@gmail.com

Thanks so much for all your support so far!

The polo dictionary has been updated - new entries are in italics. http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/

Keep them coming in - we really appreciate it!

..and The Poloverse appreciates all the efforts from Bruce and Sheila from down under.

So hope my team gets to smash yours at worlds.. in the nicest possible way, of course.

Smash implies contact and you aint getting anywhere near us , Sheila. Can't wait .;-)

You better yankee the fuck up and take what's coming to you

As long as it's Ozzie Bike Polo coming at me and not Ozzie Osbourne I'll be shot gunning one with you b4 during and after ya go down (under)

Deal!

Up Date : Beer Point machined (goalhole definition applies here) Love Sex And Violence at the Worlds and joined them under the table on and off court .Shit talking ended up on an even keel and good times were equally shared. Harden the fuck up Australia I'm coming down under in March

Fuck you dick bag!! Still a bit disappointed I missed seeing your mallet lick celebration but I refuse to look at anyone that has just scored on me.

I assume you will be coming to New Zealand as well? More good times to be had..

wow, then i'm surprised you even know what Donny looks like

Burged - When another player tries to screen Joe Burge( from The Beaver Boys -World Champions 2010 , North American Champions 2012) and inevitably and seemingly effortlessly, Joe takes his own line and the opposing player ends up slammed clean against the boards or dabbing mid court , leaving Joe unscathed and unflustered. Joe always keeps his line. Uses He/she just got Burged . (believe me you know when you got Burged)

licorice. or to get licorice.

when a player scores all five goals in a game where his or her team serves donuts.

"i earned my licorice last game."

origin.... i (ghabe) buy licorice for anyone who can do that in our club.

vegas

pass

Inspired by Lancaster United Bike Polo's critique on Malletheadz recent statement, GOALHOLE are looking for the best definition for Malletheadz to put in the Polo Dictionary.

More information here http://www.goalhole.com/2012/09/21/define-malletheadz-for-the-polo-dicti...

Polo Dictionary has been updated http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/

La Concha de Tu Mallet

Vem que tem, vem que tem! = come, come on, i gone take the ball

Aqui não! = not in my goal

dick as in dick move but in east van we now call it richard
or when some make a dick goal we now say WHAT A RICHARD

Please don't put this in the dictionary as an East Van term.

"only shot on"
It was the only shot on- said after taking some silly overly complicated shot, barspin wheelie shot, 180 nose pivot shot etc.

"Alexdick" [ælɪks-dɪk] (v) - To reenter play after dabbing without tapping the boards, by either causally waving the mallet in the general direction/proximity of the boards, or loudly slapping the mallet on the court.

E.g. {Jeer} - "He didn't tap in! What an alexdick!"

"Merry Go Round" (Coined from Jeremy, "No Love".)
- When a player on the other team intertwines their bike/themselves with your bike/yourself (accidentally or otherwise) & you both go careening off into an obscure, away-from-the-play corner of the court.

Example:
"Are you ready for the Merry-Go-Round, Dus?"
'No. I'm tired of that ride."

Biebs - An amalgamation of Bottom Bracket(BB) and the beloved Justin Bieber - A polo mini-game wherein players attempt to pass the ball under an opposing player's bottom bracket. Getting "bieb'd" results in a point for said player, whoever has the least points by the time everyone is bored is winner. (Raleigh)

AKA Kenball (East Van), which also applies when you thread a pass or shot cleanly through an opponent's BB in a game situation.

Also known as that polo game you play when three people show up to polo and you're waiting an eternity for at least one more for a 2v2.

We used to play something slightly different in Sydney called Space Invaders where you needed to hit the other players in the rim with the ball. If you got hit in the rim 3 times you were out of the game. If there were enough people we formed teams and used 2 different coloured balls and you were only allowed to use your team's ball to get people out.

We call that Framer versus Framer

shotgun your bike!

(Can't think of clever name) - zigzagging down the court and forcing your defender to zigzag in front of you, eventually beating him to one side. (Seriously need help naming this maneuver)

(Can't think of clever name) - zigzagging down the court with the ball and forcing your defender to zigzag in front of you, eventually beating him to one side. (Seriously need help naming this maneuver)

http://youtu.be/RSCvK3whlAw

@ 11:35

Something similar to that Is called a "Thatch Weave" in fighter pilot dogfighting terms. Maybe a spinoff of that term?

"cheese wedge" scoring a goal in that small cheese wedge shaped hole created by the corner of the goal and either the front or rear wheel, " right in the cheese wedge!"

Great suggestions everyone! Keep them coming.

I promise I will get around to updating the dictionary when I get back from Ladies Army

Snack hand - a back hand shot

shotgun your bike!

Oh, and a new one from the same jerk who brought you dog soccer...Pat.
"I'm hard on!!!" - letting your teammate know that you are sprinting down the court and an available outlet.
He shouted it during a game once and it stuck ever since, he meant to say something along the lines of "I'm coming hard up the court" which honestly would've been just as hilarious, but not so easily appropriated into game play.

shotgun your bike!

I had a team mate that used to yell "I'm coming on your back side" when he was looking for a pass. It never stopped being funny,

Jedi Master, Blindly (yet confidently) blocking a shot on an open goal with your shaft.

I don't know if an alternative name for this exists, but that's what I scream every time I do it.

• Luke_lightsaber_training.jpeg

Strike hard. Strike first.

The Dictionary has been updated - http://www.goalhole.com/polo-dictionary/

Please keep the suggestions coming!

The joker as i have known it is when a player gets so drunk that they can't remember which goal to shot at, who is on their team, and rams into folks. A general hot mess.

shotgun your bike!