Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

Your Thoughts on the Burro Bags Wheel Cover Reviews & Improvements?

I am in talks with RE-Load bags here in Philadelphia about possibly having them making me a wheel cover similar to the Burro Bags wheel cover.. I am just curious as to what you all think of the Burro Bags covers? What could be approved upon with them, pros and cons, etc etc.

Here is a review from Lancaster Bike Polo on the bags: http://lancasterpolo.com/2011/06/24/burro-bag-wheel-covers-five-months-l...
There they mention for players who "hop" that some sort of strapping mechanism would be ideal, though im not exactly sure what they mean by the straps.. would that go through the covers and work similar to a zip tie?

Anyway any help would be appreciated and I will post photos and updates on the process.

I am not a fan of burro wheel covers because Jarred runs them.

Talk to Medic Mike. He has a different brand or custom one that actually protects the spokes instead of just blocking the ball. Think 4 pieces of coroplast sewn into the wheel cover. I'm sure he will chime in on this.

That will never work.

there's someone in Mankato that makes fabric covers too, they're pretty tight but i suggested this exact same thing.. glad to hear Medic is already on top of it!

pics?

My guy here makes them with 1/8" foam padding, so they are still foldable. He will definitely sell you a set and ship them at a reasonable price. We are actually going to be prototyping the hard style but instead of coroplast using a certain guage of hdpe (just so they are thinner). The price will be about the same. Contact him here: https://www.facebook.com/SuperiorThreadworks

Just ordered some, thanks for the tip. Looking forward to testing them out.

Only because George asked nicely.

I bought one from Julia from Ottawa. It's one sided cordura with particular materials inside. It's pretty awesome. The velcro could be a little stronger, it requires some upkeep with hopping, but it's been incredible so far. I can take it off with no fuss it folds into a pie shape that fits in my backpack easily. I've seen a couple of people use the Burro covers and they seem to work nicely, the trouble that I've had with them is the application process isn't really easy or quick and the models that I've encountered have been a layer of cordura and that's all. Julias provides both ease of application and removal with a solid mechanical defence. That's my rant I guess.

Medic.Mike wrote:

Only because George asked nicely.

I bought one from Julia from Ottawa. It's one sided cordura with particular materials inside. It's pretty awesome. The velcro could be a little stronger, it requires some upkeep with hopping, but it's been incredible so far. I can take it off with no fuss it folds into a pie shape that fits in my backpack easily. I've seen a couple of people use the Burro covers and they seem to work nicely, the trouble that I've had with them is the application process isn't really easy or quick and the models that I've encountered have been a layer of cordura and that's all. Julias provides both ease of application and removal with a solid mechanical defence. That's my rant I guess.

Do you have any images of those covers?
Or a contact for the cover you are talking about?

I don't have any images really. I'll see about a contact method.