Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

New! Fleetvelo Joust 135

New! Fleetvelo Joust 135
New! Fleetvelo Joust 135
New! Fleetvelo Joust 135

At the 2010 InterBike show in Vegas, we unleashed the new Joust 135mm HS Coup. This custom bike was built complete with S & S couplers for travel and ISCG tabs for using a Hammerschmidt 2 spd crank that will be available options. The fork also featured a 135mm spaced proto fork with V-Brake Tabs. This new frame can also take a 26 x 2.1 nobby tire with a true wheel, we still suggest between a 1.5-1.95 slick for better performance, how ever in Chicago we've seen some nobbies for grass polo.

The Joust 135mm is now available

Features:
-True Temper OX Platinum Tubing
-V Brake Mountes
-Spacing: 100 front, 135mm rear
-Joust Geometry (featured on www.fleetvelo.com) quick and comfortable like a sofa on wheels
-Accommodates 26 x 1.35-2.1" slick tires up to 2" knobby
-53cm, 56cm, and 59cm (43mm and 62mm upon request)
-73mm English thread bottom bracket
-Rack mounts on fork and rear dropouts
-$750 Frame and Fork made in Waterford, Wisconsin
Options:
-ISCG tabs: $100
-S & S Couplers: $600 Totally worth it for the jet setting polo player.

Any questions can be answered through Fleet Velo via leagueofbikepolo.com or fleetone@fleetvelo.com

We have also been getting some press on the ol' internet, here are some of the links from the show:

Urban Velo - http://urbanvelo.org/fleetvelo-joust-polo-frame/
Bike Portland - http://bikeportland.org/2010/09/25/the-joust-a-professional-polo-bike-th...
Wired - http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/the-joust-a-travel-ready-bike-pol...

The Joust 135mm is now available

Features:
-True Temper OX Platinum Tubing
-V Brake Mountes
-Spacing: 100 front, 135mm rear
-Joust Geometry (featured on www.fleetvelo.com) quick and comfortable like a sofa on wheels
-Accommodates 26 x 1.35-2.1" slick tires up to 2" knobby
-53cm, 56cm, and 59cm (43mm and 62mm upon request)
-Rack mounts on fork and rear dropouts
-$750 Frame and Fork made in Waterford, Wisconsin
Options:
-ISCG tabs: $100
-S & S Couplers: $600 Totally worth it for the jet setting polo player.

Any questions can be answered through Fleet Velo via leagueofbikepolo.com or fleetone@fleetvelo.com

First in bike polo, made for bike polo.

Proto 135mm spaced front fork not yet available?

We can build anything, we have the specs and could totally do it.

Fleet Velo wrote:

Can you build a front fork spaced to 135mm with 2.6 clearance with a rake of 45mm?

Tim in LA 818
Everythingeaten.com

We wouldn't suggest it for a Joust build, but if you want a custom fork for your whip it can be set up through Waterford. So. . .yes we can.

tim in LA wrote:
Fleet Velo wrote:

Can you build a front fork spaced to 135mm with 2.6 clearance with a rake of 45mm?

http://surlybikes.com/parts/pugsley_fork/

I've got a 1x1 fork on my grass bike with a 2.5 knobby. It's got about 3-4mm space on each side. If that 2.6 is a slick it would probably work. Way less dinero than a pugsley or going custom.

Even though I' pretty sure I know what you're trying to get at, "like a sofa on wheels" is not a good tag-line for a piece of action sports equipment.

Retired.

lucky wrote:

Even though I' pretty sure I know what you're trying to get at, "like a sofa on wheels" is not a good tag-line for a piece of action sports equipment.

Did i mention its a couch on wheels on the back of a peregrine falcon?

I have always wanted to ride on the back of Falcor. Is this the bike for me?

Yes, back of Falcor for sure, but more like if you like riding shoty next to Chewbacca in the Millenium Falcon.

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

quit trying to sell me this bike!

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

This is going to be my Christmas gift to myself I think, I just need to start collecting all the parts I'll need. And building anew set of wheels.

But has anyone mounted fenders on their frame?
I think this will be my polo/winter bike so I want to see if I can get fenders on it when polo season ends up north.

"when polo season ends"?

sounds like someone needs to move south.

polo season never ends. shovel that shit or move into a parking structure, and drink more whisky.

Keep your standards low, and morale high.

You can put fenders on this frame. There are eyelets brazed into the rear drop outs and there are some casted onto the fork drop outs. I haven't tried the giant 26 x 2.5" fenders yet. You can also rig a rack onto this and blow bubbles out of the triangle.

i purchased this frame with the promise of blowing bubbles out of the frame. i will be very upset if you over promised.

So my club and team leaned on me enough to build a freewheeled polo bike, plus i love putting parts lists together. you'll be getting an order from Ann Arbor in the near future, Atwell can't be the only on with one in town.

how did you get the hammerschmit on there with no ISCG tabs?

it says it has the tabs for the hammerschmit

i want that crank!

- Beaver Boys * Milwaukee Bike Polo Club -

so refresh my mem again why aren't we using 650b's on these things?

...supposedly I'm getting a new one soon. this thread's old & the specs have changed again, yes?
did you do your test pilots justice?

also, can you put your weed in it?

---------------------------
"Thou Shalt put Thy Weed in it"
CH0MB0 3:16

it might be that you cant get decent tires or rims in 650b?
besides, at least in the Joust wide you CAN. (supposing YOU want to run skinny tires)

559 vs. 584 means the rim/braking surface is going to be 12.5mm ... uhm ... closer to the fork crown.

the way the canti-bosses are on my bike, the brake pads are all the way down where you can adjust the "height" of the brake pads on the brake lever.
uh, do you get what I'm talking?

I mean this where the "circle" is in the pic.

edit.
regarding your last question: afaik the tubes are still hollow ;)

• helga.jpg
Richard wrote:

559 vs. 584 means the rim/braking surface is going to be 12.5mm ... uhm ... closer to the fork crown.

12.5mm is the diameter, and talking about the crown is a radial measurement, then is 6.25mm

no. 584-559=25

uhm, nothing :)

The Bisons

you're right

please point out a suitable 650b polo rim. I actually joked around with GR about the lack of a 650b chukker, thought you would need a frame to fit it.

If players didn't mind a 36h drilling only, velocity seems to have the velocity blunt and blunt sls that look solid. P35 if you really want that wide tire footprint as well.

true, you are still going to need a frame with the right geo plus a set of disc tabs as all the rims you listed are disc only.

these things exist somewhere thanks to qbp and their need for exclusivity (did i spell that right?): 650b dyads

these things also exist somewhere thanks to someone else: 650b A23s

things may exist sometime else too

so cryptic Alex, were you doing a c-walk when you wrote that?

how else do you walk?

Ha, yes. . .the 650b. My simple answer falls inline with Adam from Ann Arbor, show me a polo suitable rim in 650 b. Also, we went the 650c route in the beginning but ran into snags constantly when it came down to tire and rim availability, 26 came up as the perfect answer because you have so many options.

I like the 650B idea, but we need 650B Ribmos or a slick that is going to make this polo ready.

Chombo: your current Joust has been updated and the newest will include those changes with a 31.6 seat post instead of 27.2mm. This model will include more clearance for bigger tires and "un-true" room.

Shit's trill, no weed included. . .keep posted, I have some stuff on the burner that might peak your interests.

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

new seat mast is killer. 34.9.
somebody on here has a baby blue joust with 2.15 tires on it. its redonk but i want some too.

"rubber side down boys"

I wonder if valentine broke his latest joust yet

richard, thanks for the education! teammate

Steel is real, his is still cracked, but holding up just fine. We have been putting together the specs and options for his new whip, which will be probably illist thing from FV yet.

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

speaking of Jousts and weed... I've had disc tabs put on mine; am I high?

photos soon

Knowing you? Probably.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

did you send it back to waterford or someone else do it?

"rubber side down boys"

Mr. Do wrote:

speaking of Jousts and weed... I've had disc tabs put on mine; am I high?

photos soon

to get high you have to simply raise your seatpost, my friend

...also, adjust your brakes