Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

V-Brakes and Bar spins

Wheelie goals are enough- I wanna score bar spin goals. Has anyone ever successfully routed a cable through their headset to a v-brake? Looks like it would be way more difficult than running to a disc brake.

I did it with a Gravity Whip It cap, and it sucked. My brakes were squishy, and they improved 100x when I routed the cable normally. I'm pretty sure that Kremin and Dillman had theirs routed through their steerers using the Milwaukee Compression Plug, but I never got around to asking them how well theirs worked. I'll attach a photo so you can see how I had mine routed.

Whip It Cap:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=32405

Milwaukee Compression Plug:
http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9522

• MarcoSide.jpg

Kremin was running a disc brake when he was here last. Makes it easier. I've never personally seen it done with a V brake.

Just saw him this weekend and asked. He said that his v-brakes worked well with the Milwaukee compression plug and Yokozuna housing

Clean-Ass-Bike

Yeah. Works fine. Not sure if it makes a difference but i used linear bmx housing.

Loads of people in UK/Europe

Flexie cable noodles. Try to minimize the short ends bud.

Flexie cable noodles. Try to minimize the sharp bends bud.

This thread is going to be awesome.

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

Yeah worked fine for me with V brakes, i got a disc brake running through there now, working sweet

totally possible, x2 on flexy noodles... one set up I have seen incorporated a noodle going into a drilled headset cap, cable past the star nut, housing on the underside of said star nut to a flexy noodle coming out the fork. lots of zip ties. vbrakes on highest tension points.. (or so I believe that's how it worked) also gotta be careful for cable flex when you are torquing down on the brake don't want to have to much play

i tried running my brake line through the steer tube with a disc brake setup and i ran into cable kinking issues. brake felt like shit, even with nokon housing. i don't recommend.

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

Ryan from SF has a sweet set up using a flexi-noodle to a v brake

shotgun your bike!