Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

UPDATE: Milwaukee Bicycle Co. - Polo Shafts & Heads

Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Bike polo shaft and mallet head

Milwaukee Bicycle Co. - Bike Polo Shaft / Head Kit
$19.99

Made from 7075 T6 Series 4 Aluminum, these poles are constructed with the strongest commercially available, aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and are twice as strong as the industry standard, rated to 75,000 PSI.

- Overall Length: 49"
- Length of Straight Section: 35"
- Diameter of Straight Section: 0.73"
- Length of Taper: 14"
- Diameter @ End of Taper: 0.46"
- Powder Coated: "Eddie" Orange
- Weight: 195 grams

Kit includes a 5.5" tube of HDPE Plastic

Same as you've been getting from the electric company, but you won't go to jail.

- Undrilled
- Red High Density Polyethylene
- Length: 5.5" (140mm)
- Outer Diameter: 2-3/8" (60mm)
- Inner Diameter: 2" (50mm)
- Wall Thickness: .19" (5mm)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go here for Kit options if you want to purchase separately.
http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=612_1781

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your going to Madison for New Years and you want to buy MBC polo shafts and or heads let me know and we'll work it out where I'll hand deliver them to you.

Basic procedure would go something like this:

-Order and pay from http://www.benscycle.net/ You'll find them in the Milwaukee Bicycle Co. category
-Choose "in store pick-up" option.
-In notes section mention my name(Matt Hewitt) and "Madison New Years". You can also drop me an e-mail @ matt@benscycle.com giving me a heads up that your putting an order in.

See you all in Madtown!

Cheers,
MH

I kind of knocked the shaft in the other thread but I'm warming up to it. I especially like this 'kit' idea. A one stop polo shop. You're guaranteed to get a quality mallet. I'd consider buying one to try if I wasn't shipping to Canada.

:Edmonton/East Van Bike Polo:

$30 shipped to my house. i wouldn't feel bad paying that if the pole lasts 3+ months. i'll definitely get one to try out soon.

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

$46.93 for two, shipped. They will be in full force in North Hollywood, in Jan. Proof will be in the hack.

Not Yet....Not Yet.

i was wondering when someone would produce a mallet. looks good and should be popular with those who have a lack of ski hills nearby.

good on ya Ben's.

Polosapien

Ha! great time of year to launch these. I just ordered a shaft.

Is this the legendary madison red? I think 5mm is too thick for that if I'm not crazy.
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.

We have red in Mpls, and ours measures 4.5mm Its my understanding that all the principal colors; red ,yellow, and orange are the same material, but different wall thicknesses.Red being the thinnest, and yellow and orange being the same. With that being said, we had a bunch of orange that was the same thickness as the red.

"Fuck the pigs, Fuck the punks, Death is where its at"

There have been threads about this in the past, but to review: There are a range of densities within the HDPE label. Intended use determines wall thickness and resin density. I.E. Underground conduit (red stuff) doesn't need to be as dense or as thick-walled as gas pipe (yellow stuff) or water pipe (black stuff), which carries material under pressure.

Chicago Bike Polo 2003-2008
St Louis Bike Polo 2008-fun

Retired.

I figured someone would correct me about my knowledge of space age polymers. Lucky, do you still make those heads in hdpe with caps? I'd pick one up from you at the lock in if you have them. Looking for a ball jointer head.

MKE shaft + Lucky head = first legit polo mallet???

It's been talked about and is being worked on. But I want to work out a coupla things before I start doing wholesale orders to bike shops or whoever. It's one thing for me to replace a head if the cap pops off, it's another thing to do that through a third party. Testing for lighter, more balanced "tournament" heads begins this weekend.

And they're "St Cago" heads. That's a business. "Lucky" is a person with only the one head.

Chicago Bike Polo 2003-2008
St Louis Bike Polo 2008-fun

Retired.

Sorry for the misnomer. Maybe a special edition mallet called the lucky strike??

I'd love to pickup a tourney model if you have 'em ready by the lockin.

lucky wrote:

"Lucky" is a person with only the one head.

Castrated.

BOP: Eating Little Split Pea's shit for years.

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

you should deff figure out a way to get st cago in polo friendly shops or at least try to get MKE to carry them.. i bought my first one at mwbpc in november and i love it..

I heard it from the horse's mouth yesterday, this stuff is thicker than Madison red.

Madison red is available in Madison.

Sveden wrote:

I heard it from the horse's mouth yesterday, this stuff is thicker than Madison red.

Madison red is available in Madison.

So the only difference between Mpls red and Madison red, is .5 mm? Hmmmmmm

MPLS red wasn't mentioned.

I think Sven's comparing MKE red and MAD red. Am I wrong?

I never heard of MPLS red. What are the dims?

www.mkebikepolo.com
www.mkebikepolo.com/wordpress

Matt-Hewitt wrote:

MPLS red wasn't mentioned.

I think Sven's comparing MKE red and MAD red. Am I wrong?

I never heard of MPLS red. What are the dims?

I pulled a buncha red outa the ground when they were re doing a river bike/walking trail. Its dimensions in millimeters is such, 4.5 wall thickness, 51.5 ID, and 59mm OD. These measurements are taken from a lightly used mallet, so they may be off a few fractions. Its really light, I make mallet heads 4-4.5in and dont need to drill them out.

If you're going for the "all in one kit" it might be cool if you can score the head at 12/3/6/9 o clock like Lucky does, make it super easy to place the drilling etc. Don't know the logistics of what you've got going, so it might not be practical. I know whenever I make a head I can never find the little marked wrap thing that gives me the center lines so I end up making a new one every time.

Just a thought.

There's some red stuff out there that I think is too thin and too light. Most of the yellow and orange stuff at least seems to be fairly consistent in thickness, and ideal for mallet head material (albeit heavy if you don't drill it out).

{}------- lexington -------{}

{}------- lexington -------{}

You're talking about Madison red. It's abotu the same thickness as ABS but wears differently, tends to fold before it cracks.

It's all abotu what you want in a mallet, the thick stuff is solid and durable as hell, some people prefer the thin red stuff because of the weight though. They just have to be prepared to replace the head sooner.
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.