Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
Portland Bike Polo presents: The Little Beirut Young Retirees Classic - Cascadia NAHBPC qualifier
Portland Bike Polo presents: The Little Beirut Young Retirees Classic
The official Cascadia Qualifier for the NAH
Post-Tourney Wrap Up
So many thanks to everyone for coming down to Portland. I think that we can all agree that the true winner of this tournament was Cascadia.
Those teams that placed in the top eight, in rough order of first to 8th place:
Crazy Kanucks, Gaurdians, Outsiders, L'Explosif, Barry White Supremacy, MTB, Portland United, 818.
The team that placed in 9th place in the Presidentially Sanctioned Shenanigans Single Elimination Bracket:
Back Seat Drivers
Thanks again to everyone who came out to our tourney - Portland Bike Polo loves you all!
- 7:30PM Pickup at Rose City Park
- 8:00PM Pickup at Columbia Park
- Friday: Pickup at Alberta Park, Tricycle Race Track Championships
- At 6:00PM the construction crew will start at Rose City.
- At 7:30PM Eric will lead a group ride departing from Alberta Park to the Race Track.
- At 9:00PM we will be holding the Tricycle Race Track Championships.
- Rules: 1. No tricycles. 2. Respect the neighbors.
- The track is an 18" wide paved surface that has woops, a figure 8 and two banked-ish corners.
- At full speed, lap times are around the mid 40 seconds mark.
- Saturday: 48 teams will be broken into three groups of sixteen.
- Two of the groups will play at Rose City Park (Rose City Court One, the morning bracket, and Rose City Court Two, the afternoon bracket) and the third group will play at Alberta Park (Alberta Court).
- Games will start at 10:00 AM sharp. Failure to show up when your game is starting will result in a forfeit.
- Group R1 will start at 10:00AM. Group R2 will start when R1 is finished.
- Group A1 will start at 10:00AM.
- All groups will be done around 6PM.
- Referees and organizers will be at both locations.
- Games are the first to five points or timed to twelve minutes.
- Each team will play four Swiss Round Robin games.
- Ties are allowed.
- The top 12 teams (as determined by court-specific goal differential) from each group will advance to Sunday's double elimination bracket (36 total).
- These top 36 teams are arranged by goal differential to determine seeding order.
- Sunday: Double elimination bracket with the top 36 teams from Saturday.
- All official games will be held at Rose City Park.
- Games will start at 10:00 AM sharp. Failure to show up on time will result in a forfeit.
- Alberta Park will be available for pickup after 1:00PM. Before then it is reserved by our good friends PDX Ball Hockey
- Lunch will be served.
- First two rounds of winners brackets are first to 5 points or timed to 12 minutes.
- Rounds 3-5 of winners bracket are first to 5 or timed to 15 minutes.
- All remaining winner bracket rounds are first to 5 and are not timed.
- Monday: Court Deconstruction
Registration is closed!
Your court assignments: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/sites/lobp.unlockedmedia.net/files/court-ass...
$45/team ($35 per team plus the $10 NAH fee)
Please Include "Cascadia Housing" in the subject line.
Special discount for Polo Players at the Jupiter Hotel!
Tim Tim: email@example.com
Please Include "Cascadia Reffing" in the subject line.
On-Court Advertising Space:
View Cascadia Qualfier - Event Locations in a larger map
Saturday - 48 teams will be broken into 3 groups of 16. Two of the groups will play swiss round robins at Rose City Park. The third group of 16 will play at Alberta Park. Referees and Organizers will be in place at both locations to ensure continuity and professionalism between playing locations.
Sunday - Double elimination bracket. All official games will be held at Rose City Park. Alberta Park will be available for pickup on Sunday.
Notes - We will divide the the 48 teams into three groups of 16 no later than one week after registration has closed. You will know where/who you are playing on Saturday as far in advance to your travels as possible. Expect the highest level of continuity between courts as possible.